Character List / Background

I have based the book on both the films and books, however where certain pieces of information overlap, for example their ages, I have gone off the film, hence why Caius is in his 20s and not his 40s.

I know in the films and books Caius' wife Athenodora is still alive, however for this story I have created the storyline that she died when Caius was attacked by the werewolves, explaining his hatred for them, other than the fact that they almost killed him.

I hope you enjoy, this chapter is just an overview of all the characters in the story and will be,updated as new characters are introduced.

Dani xxx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Humans

Sophia Hammond
Sophia was born July 17th 1995 and grew up in London with her mother, Hannah, and older brother Jamie. Her father died in 1995, 4 months before she was born, during the Bosnian War and her brother died in 2009, but the cause of death was never identified.

She studied art, media, photography and graphics at college and migrated to Volterra, Italy to work at the Guarnacci Etruscan Museum in the hope of becoming an artist.

She has piercing ice blue eyes, shoulder length ginger hair, and freckles marking her smooth skin like a million beauty spots from the angels.

Hannah Hammond
Hannah, born in 1970, is mother to Sophie and Jamie, widow to Sophie's father Greg and school teacher in London.

Jamie Hammond
Jamie, born in 1991, was son to Hannah and Greg, brother to Sophia and student at Cambridge University.

He was attacked outside a nightclub in 2009 and his body was found the following morning in an alleyway near by. The cause of death was never identified, though two puncture wounds were located on the side of his neck.

Jessica
Jessica, born in the late 1980s, is the Volturi's personal human secretary, and hopes to be transformed into vampire when her uses to them run out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Volturi

Caius
Caius was born around 1300 BC, and was transformed into a vampire in his late 20s.

He met Athenodora after running afoul of the Romanian coven, and they began traveling together as a bonded pair, with her later becoming his wife. By the time they met, Aro had already formed a coven with a talented vampire named Marcus and Caius was immediately attracted to the idea of joining forces with the gifted vampires. Though Caius had no gift, Aro was drawn to his ambition and passionate capacity to hate. Aro's sister Didyme joined them quickly afterwards; and later Aro's wife, Sulpicia. Aro and Caius were in agreement after Didyme's death, which had devastated Marcus, that the wives must be protected at all costs.

By bringing more vampires into the Volturi, they completed Caius' ultimate goal: a war against the Romanian coven. After the Romanians were mostly destroyed, Caius became satisfied to spend his time punishing offenders of Aro's law.

Some 2000 years before Breaking Dawn, he was nearly killed in a fight with a werewolf and lost his wife, Athenodora, which prompted him to hunt them to near extinction in Europe and Asia. He also took part in the extermination of the immortal children and cleaning up after the Southern vampire wars, making sure that newborn armies and their creators were destroyed.