Chapter 24 - A Night Well Spent

Sophia's POV

I was sat at home thinking about my lunch date with Caius when there was a knock at the door. I opened it to reveal a massive bouquet of roses and behind it was the most gorgeous man on the planet, Caius.

"Hi." I wasn't sure what to say, so hi seemed like a good place to start.

"Hello, can I come in?"

"Sure."

I led him up the stairs to my apartment where I laid the massive bouquet on the coffee table. He sat down on the sofa and took my hand, dragging me down to sit next to him.

"I just wanted to thank you for the lovely lunch today."

"What with 100 red roses?"

"Well, times have changed since I last courted someone, I wasn't sure." I laughed and looked into his crimson eyes. Despite the demonic parts of him I knew there was a soft being under his hard shell and was determined to find it.

We spent hours chatting about random things until the clock chimed midnight.

"I better be off, you need sleep for tomorrow." I walked him to my apartment door, where he turned to look at me. He leant in to kiss me, pushing me against the bookcase where I deepened the kiss.

We made our way to the bedroom, my legs wrapped around his hips, never once breaking the kiss. He lay me on the bed, climbing on top of me to continue making out with me. He soon had removed my t-shirt and trousers, and I his cloak, jacket and shirt. I was surprised how warm he was against me as we began exploring each other's bodies.

It was unlike any night I had spent with a man before, he was gentle but rough at the same time, by far the best sex of my life.

I drifted off to sleep in his arms, knowing I could never be as happy as I was right now.