Chapter 15 - The Agreement

Caius' POV

I had been sat on my throne pondering mine and Sophia's relationship for around 3hours when I heard her get up and leave for the toilet, one of the better advantages of being a vampire. From the corner of my eye I saw Aro smiling evilly and Marcus staring into space with his usual look of regret.

I stood up and began to leave when Jane and Alec entered the room.

[J] "Sorry Caius, we didn't mean to interrupt you whilst you were obviously heading off to complete another task, however we need to talk with Aro."

[C] "That's fine, as you kindly pointed out I am heading off to complete another task."

I left Jane and Alec talking with Aro and Marcus and headed towards the toilet in the hope of catching Sophia so I could try and comfort her about what she saw.

Sophia's POV

I dried my hands on the soft towel and opened the oak door to see Caius stood there.

"Excuse me I have to get back to work."

"Sophia, wait. Aro told me what you saw and I want you to know I'm not a killer."

"Aro told you what I saw? But, how?"

"The same way he did when you saw our 'friend' killing that person." Sophia looked at the ground uncomfortably.

"How would you like to go to dinner with me tomorrow, so I can prove to you that I didn't kill that tourist?"

"Okay, tomorrow night, 7 o'clock." Sophia walked back to her desk, her orange locks bellowing out behind her. I closed my eyes in relief and headed off to my room, worried that Aro would find out what I was doing and tell me I was procrastinating.