Chapter 25 - Congratulations

Sophia's POV

I woke up to the yellow daylight streaming in from my window and smiled as I thought of last night's events. Rolling over I expected to see Caius, however the bed beside me was empty. Lying beside me instead was a note with 'My darling Sophia' written in neat calligraphy on the front.

I sat up and opened it.

'My darling Sophia,

I am terribly sorry I have had to abandon you after our wonderful time together last night, however I must return to the castle as I have urgent business I must attend and unfortunately that means leaving you to wake up alone, but I would like you to know how much I enjoyed last night's events and hope you feel the same way.

Your ever faithful Caius

I smiled at the handwritten note in front of me. My ever faithful Caius.

Caius' POV

I took a walk before returning to the castle, but upon entering my room I found a very happy Aro waiting for me.

"Caius my dear brother where have you been?" He held out his hand but I looked at him with my usual 'death' stare until he retreated it.

"I've been with Sophia."

"Ahhh, our darling Sophia. How is she?"

"Good I believe. Aro brother, why are you here, shouldn't you be with Sulpicia?"

"I was, but I wanted to found out how it went with Sophia."

"I don't know what you mean."

"Caius, please don't play mortal with me. I know you and Sophia, how shall we phrase it, confessed your love for each other in the most passionate way last night."

We stared at each other, my gaze suspecting and angry whilst his was pleased and inquisitive, until Marcus entered the room.

"Ah my brothers, I have come to tell you that despite the fact we are vampires and time feels different for us than mortals you have spent the past 5 hours since Caius returned in this deadlock stare with each other and the guard are starting to question where you both are, plus our dear Sophia has arrived to start her day's work and seems awfully happy."

We both turned to stare at him before Aro turned to look at me again.

"Well congratulations my dear brother, our experiment is almost there." He walked out as Marcus gave me an apologetic look and turned to follow him. I sighed and made my way to the throne room knowing Sophia would be outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked over to her the moment I saw her, enjoying the joy that filled her face when she saw me.

"Where were you this morning?"

"I had to leave, I'm sorry, Aro and I had some business to see to."

"Okay. Well I just wanted you to know that I enjoyed last night too."

"What are you doing tomorrow?"

"Working, then probably watching old re-runs of Friends, why?" I smiled.

"Nothing, I was just wandering. Well Aro and Marcus will be waiting for me, but I hope we can spend another night together soon."

"Of course."

I left her to continue her work, smiling at my plan for tomorrow.