Chapter 8 - Revealment

Sophia's POV

I crept in a quietly shut the door behind me, staying where I was. Caius, Aro and Marcus where sat in their thrones, the boy and girl were holding down the man who walked in so he was on his knees in front of them.

[C] "So you were aware you didn't dispose of the bodies effectively, risking all our kind's lives?" His voice was so dreamy, I was mesmerised, and completely missed what he just said.

"I'm sorry, please give me another chance."

[A] "What do you think brothers, should we go against our reputation and let him live, endangering all our precious lives, or shall we ensure our world stays above that of the mortals?"

My gaze followed Aro's, from the kneeling mess on the floor, to Marcus' broken stare, to Caius' crooked grin. I was frozen, bound by my own mesmerisation with him and something that warned me of danger. Suddenly he looked up, his dark eyes staring straight into mine. Aro must have noticed his distraction because he suddenly spoke up.

[A] "What do you think Sophia?" I hesitated under the eyes of 6 powerful vampires, little did I know of their supernatural power however.

"Well ...um..." I looked at the man on the floor in front of me, into his eyes. I saw an image in my head, then it was gone. The man on the floor pinning a woman against a wall, his head buried in the crook of her neck. She looked pale, paler than the man trapping her. His eyes were sparkling red, bright like rubies under light.

I stepped back and gasped, covering my mouth with my hand. Caius rushed to my side then regretted it and stepped back. Aro clasped my free hand from the other side. I paid attention to neither, staring at the murderer on the floor in front of me. I looked into Caius' eyes for help, but he appeared to be having a silent conversation with Aro.

[A] "Sophia why don't you go back go your desk." I knew it was an order not a question.

Shutting the door behind me I took a deep breath and placed everything together in my head. They didn't want to wreck their reputation, they had to 'deal' with a murderer, they smiled at the idea of their task, they were monsters, no worse, they were killers. Trained killers.

Caius' POV

[A] "What do you think Sophia?" She looked uncomfortable under our gaze. Her beautiful face looked pained as she struggled to answer the confusing question.

"Well ...um..." She froze and then gasped. Stepping back into the wall, covering her open mouth with her dainty hand. I rushed to her side, unable to control my emotions, then remembered where I was and who was with me and stepped back instantly disgusted with myself.

Aro took to Sophia's others side, grasping her hand and looking to me as soon as their skin touched. She knew what happened, she had seen it, but how?

[A] "Sophia why don't you go back go your desk." She did as he asked, and left the room as quickly as possible. Aro lead the way back to our thrones where we continued the trial.

[A] "Harry, I am sorry, but you broke the laws." He walked forward, as Jane and Alec tightened their grip on Harry's arms. As he put his hands on either side of his face he smiled, then the sound of smashing china filled the room and Harry's limp body flopped to the floor. After Jane and Alec left with today's business we began discussing Sophia.

[C] "What happened? What did she see?"

[A] "The murder. She had knowledge of the murder, although she wasn't there."

[M] "She has the power of retro-cognition."

[C] "Impossible." Aro was smiling to himself, that gleam in his eye shining brightly. I knew what he was thinking and I didn't like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For those of you who are wondering what retro-cognition is it's where you have a knowledge of a past event, but there's no reason why you would have that knowledge, ie. it's like seeing the future, but you see the past.

If you're still unsure google it.

Vote and comment.