Chapter 16 - The Dinner Date

Sophia’s POV

I checked myself in the mirror and took a deep breath. I was supposed to be meeting Caius outside this French restaurant in 20minutes. I smoothed out my black dress and slipped on my heels. Checking my hair one last time I headed off to the restaurant.

After Caius had asked me to dinner yesterday we hadn’t seen each other, however Marcus had spoken to me earlier today.

Flashback

[M] “Sophia, my dear, I was wondering where you are Caius were planning to go tonight?”

[S] “Out for dinner. Hasn’t Caius told you?”

[M] “Not directly, we overheard him talking to you. I just wanted to warn you, Caius can be very dangerous at times.”

[S] “Dangerous?”

[M] “You’ll understand when you get to know him better.”

Flashback End

I saw him waiting outside the restaurant and approached him cautiously. It was the first time I had seen him dressed in something other than his midnight black cloak, however instead he was dressed in a smart black suit with a black turtle-neck underneath. He looked handsome.

“Hello Sophia, I hope you haven’t been waiting long for me.”

“No, not at all.” I smiled in return to the smile he had given me, different to his usual evil grin.

He held out his arm for me to take, “Ready to go inside?” I gladly placed my arm around his and we entered the restaurant.

We were on the 3rd course when I asked Caius about his leaving the majority of his food and pulling faces as he had eaten the rest. He told me his meal tasted like dirt, then continued our tantalisingly interesting conversation (not sarcastic).

He paid the bill, refusing to let put any money towards it by saying my company was enough, then insisted he walk me home.

We took the scenic route, through the Italian back streets, past the small, local restaurants and families eating dinner in the road. It was magical. We soon however reached my apartment where I turned and looked at him.

“Caius, I want to thank you for a beautiful evening, it was truly amazing.”

“I know, I feel the same way.” We stood there looking into each other’s eyes when he slowly leaned forward and placed his lips gently upon mine. I felt sparks where his cold skin touched mine, and saw fireworks despite the fact that my eyes were shut. He slowly leaned back again and whispered my name before turning and walking off, leaving me stunned in the street.