Chapter 17 - Confrontation

Sophia's POV

I was sat at my desk, my fingers tapping on the dark mahogany, as I thought of last night.

We stood there looking into each other's eyes when he slowly leaned forward and placed his lips gently upon mine. I felt sparks where his cold skin touched mine, and saw fireworks despite the fact that my eyes were shut. He slowly leaned back again and whispered my name before turning and walking off, leaving me stunned in the street.

Suddenly a beautiful voice woke me from my daydream.

"I will not tell you again Demetri, when you're on guard you have to actually be on guard, no matter how interesting you pastimes are." Caius stormed round the corner, briefly stopping to look at me. The corners of his pink lips raised slightly as he dropped his eyes from my gaze to look down at the floor and continued walking past me into the throne room. I smiled to myself and licked my lips, receiving strange looks from Demetri and Felix as they followed Caius through the double doors.

Marcus' POV

Aro and I were sat on our thrones, Jane and Alec stood in the corner quietly conversing, when I sensed Caius' presence nearby. As he approached the doors, passing Sophia, I noticed something new in the air, something that hadn't been there before, a new emotion. Their relationship, the bond between them, it had developed into something stronger, something only caused by a progressing physical relationship. I knew instantly they had kissed.

"Aro, my brother?" He turned to look at me, his eyes emotionless, his pale hand outstretched as though he couldn't find the energy to converse with me. I placed my own hand into his palm and he instantly straightened in his throne, his eyes gleaming.

Caius entered the room, flanked by Demetri and Felix, the permanent frown on his face more prominent than ever.

"Brothers." He greeted us before taking a seat on the other side of Aro.

"Tell me Caius, you never said how last night went." Aro hinted at him the answer he was looking for, but Caius wistfully averted the question.

"We had a lovely evening, although I cannot say my 'fondness' of humans has changed. The sooner they get over themselves and realise they are nothing but food for the more equipped hunters will be the day I feel some respect for them."

"Let me see how the evening went." Aro once again held his hand out, but Caius just looked at it as though he had offended him.

"I'm fine thank you brother. Actually I think I may go rest in my quarters. Aro, Marcus, Jane, Alec, Felix, Demetri." He nodded at each of us in turn before leaving the room at a speed barely visible to humans.

"My Marcus, you were correct. Why else would he have avoided my hand?" Aro leant back in his chair, his chin rested upon his hand, while the others proceeded to talk amongst themselves. I could already tell this week was not going to end on a high note, which meant 4 days of Caius and Aro either being artificially nice or unbelievably hateful to one and other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is set on Wednesday, in case you were wondering. The book does follow a normal time period.

Chapter 2 - Tuesday night
Chapter 3 & 4 - Wednesday
Chapter 5 - Wednesday night
Chapter 6, 7 & 8 - Thursday
Chapter 9 - Thursday night / Friday
Chapter 10 & 11 - Friday
Chapter 12 - Weekend
Chapter 13, 14 & 15 - Monday
Chapter 16 - Tuesday night (the date)
Chapter 17 - Wednesday

Just in case you were wondering :)!!