Chapter 22 - Advice

Sophia's POV

After seeing Caius on Friday at work I hadn't seen him, but I wasn't bothered, I had spent the weekend cleaning my apartment, a proper cleanout. It was time for the weekly chat with my mum, but she hadn't called yet, so instead I called her.

"Mum?"

"Hello sweetie."

"Hi mum."

"How's everything in Italia?"

"Not funny mum, and good we've been having really good weather over here, what bout you?"

"Rain as usual, it's England what else do you expect? So, who is he?"

"What?"

"The boy you're seeing."

"I'm not seeing anyone."

"Come on, no-one else talks about the weather unless they're trying to avoid conversation, so who is he?"

"He's the sweetest man ever, but I can't date him."

"Why not?"

"He's my boss."

"Ohhhh, office romances are never good. Does he like you?"

"I think so."

"Then go for it, I mean look at me and Tony, it took him almost a year to ask him to marry me."

"Mum I'm not sure that's a good thing."

"Course it is sweetie, now you go back to sleep it's late over there."

"It's only 9, Italy's only an hour ahead of England."

"Okay, okay, night night sugarpie."

"Night mum."

Sometimes my mum was a proper ditz, but I loved her. I gave up cleaning and turned the TV on, luckily I had one English channel over here, even if it was BBC1.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caius' POV

I was sat in my room reading Michelangelo when Aro knocked on the door.

"Come in Aro my brother." He entered gracefully, taking a seat next to me on the chaise.

"I wanted to speak with you about Sophia." I just stared at him. "You need to be careful, don't fall in love. Even if she survives delivering the child she won't be the same, you understand that don't you?" I nodded and pretended to be reading my book until Aro left when I stood up and walked to the window. I couldn't lose Sophia for some demon child.