Chapter 27 - Final Chapter

Sophia's POV

It had been 4 days since Caius and I had started officially dating, or courting as he called it. It was 6:30, I had been up since 5, but with nothing to do I just decided to lie in bed until my weekly call with my mum.

Suddenly I felt nauseous and ran to the bathroom, only just making it to the sink before yesterday's dinner made a reappearance. I looked at myself in the mirror, I looked fine, not ill or anything, so I assumed it was food poisoning and went back to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caius' POV

I was sat in the throne room trying to ignore Aro nagging at Jane and Alec about something I couldn't care less about when I heard my name.

"Caius brother, I wanted to speak with you about Sophia."

"What about Sophia?"

"Well, this experiment of ours has been going on for quite a while now, you seducing her, but I think it's time to actually get a move on, to begin as such."

I didn't know what to say, I loved Sophia and wanted to start a family with her, but I knew the danger doing so would put her in and how mad she would be if she knew I had only started a family with her so the child could be Aro's experiment.

I nodded at Aro, watching him turn back to Jane and Alec, before closing my eyes and thinking about how much my life had changed since I had met Sophia.

Before she had graced me with her presence I had been a cold soul, not bored with the vampire life like Marcus or over-happy with it like Aro, just cold. I had hated everything that disagreed with my thoughts or I believed could cause me and inconvenience, but now I had learnt to think about my actions before carrying them out. Sophia truly had broken my shell and revealed to the world the true, soft me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sophia's POV

Being a hypochondriac I googled all the reasons why I may have thrown up, but looking at the remaining cause on my list I froze, pregnancy.

It couldn't be, it was impossible, I couldn't be.

I threw on decent clothes, smoothing my hair in the mirror by the door and rushed to the shop.

Returning home I practically ran to the bathroom, ripping open the box of tests, watching them fall to the floor as I sat down and 'peed on the stick'.

I left it on the sink and went to grab a glass of water before going back to see the result. I had only had sex with Caius for the first time 6 days ago, and it was months before that the last time. You couldn't have pregnancy symptoms in 6 days, could you?

I returned to the bathroom and picked up the test to see two red lines forming a cross. Shit! I was pregnant, impossible.

Suddenly I heard a noise in the living room.

"Sophia?" It was Caius. I really wished he'd use the doorbell rather than his supernatural skills to jump in through my third storey window.

"Um, one moment, I'm just on the loo." I looked at the test in my hand, and the unused ones on the floor and quickly gathered them all up, placing them in the cupboard, the positive test I slipped into my back pocket.

I walked out the bathroom and put on the biggest smile I could muster, but he saw through it instantly.

"Sophia, what's wrong?"

"It's nothing."

"What? What's nothing?"

"Promise you won't freak out?" He nodded and grasped my hands. I pulled one of my hands free and reached round into my pocket to pull out the test.

"Caius, I'm pregnant."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know what you're thinking, how could she finish the book on such a cliff hanger?

Well don't worry, there is a sequel, it's called 'Seeds Of A Rose'.

My new story is called 'Love Between Classes (Sybil and Branson) ( Downton Abbey)' it's a Downton Abbey fanfiction about Sybil Crawley, the Earl's daughter, and Tom Branson, the chauffeur.

Thank you so much for reading my book,

Many thanks, Dani xxx