Chapter 3

Somehow, after three months of keeping it quiet, the press found out that Harry and I were over and that I was pregnant.

My parents eventually came around, and even though they still weren't keen on the situation, they were happy if I was. I still hadn't told Harry yet, and I knew he was going to see the headlines sooner or later. Part of me was glad that it got out so I wouldn't have to go through telling Harry, but I also felt like I was betraying him in a way by not telling him.

By the time the word got out I was already showing. I was four months along, and I didn't know if I was having a boy or a girl yet. When I was getting ready to leave for an appointment, I heard a knock at the door.

When I opened it, my jaw dropped slightly.

"Hi," Harry said, running his fingers through his new, shorter haircut.

"Hi," I echoed, "Do you want to come in so we can talk?"

He nodded, his green eyes widening when he saw my stomach. I opened the door a bit wider and he walked in. We went into the living room and sat on the couch, facing each other.

"Harry, I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I just wasn't sure how you'd react," I said, breaking the silence.

"How long have you known?" he asked, his accented voice raspy.

"Three months," I answered.

"Is it mine?"

"Yes, it is definitely yours."

"Why didn't you tell me as soon as you found out?" Harry asked. His eyes were glossy. I knew I'd really hurt him by keeping this from him.

"Honestly? The day that I found out was the same day you broke up with me. And you said you had to be 100 percent dedicated to the band, and a baby would distract you more than I would on my own," I rambled.

Harry nodded and put his thumb over his lips. He was thinking about something.

"Hey, Harry, talk to me," I pleaded.

He took a deep breath and said, "This baby, our baby, is not a distraction, Sara. You are not a distraction."

"Then why'd you break up with me?"I asked, my voice catching a little bit.

"Do you remember what I said when we first met?" he asked, smiling a little.

"Uh, not really. I don't remember much about that night," I admitted.

"I said that I didn't want to fall in love, and you said the same thing. But once we started dating, I did. Sara, I fell in love with you, and it terrified me whenever I went on tour. I didn't want to lose you or be without you."

It was my turn to be silent. So he broke up with me because he loved me?

"That doesn't make any sense, Harry," I said, "Why would you break up with me if you loved me?"

"Not loved. Love," Harry corrected.

I raised my eyebrows at him. "Love? You still love me?"

He nodded. "I don't think I'll ever stop."

Harry and I locked eyes. He got up and came to where I was sitting. I stood up to meet him. He cupped my cheeks with his hands.

"I love you, Sara Patterson," Harry said.

"I love you, too, Harry Styles," I replied. I knew it was true. I always had.

Harry looked at my lips and then back up to my eyes. I'm not sure which one of us leaned in first, but next thing I knew we were kissing. I'd missed his sweet kisses. We broke away for air and I just stared into his green eyes. They were mesmerizing.

"So, does this mean we're back together?" Harry asked. I smiled and nodded, earning another kiss from him.

I heard my phone buzz with a reminder for my appointment.

"Oh my god, I totally forgot. I've got an appointment in 20 minutes," I said, "Do you want to come with?"

Harry's face lit up immediately. He nodded and let me go grab my purse and get into more presentable clothes. We left my apartment hand in hand.

On the way to the appointment, Harry and I were discussing baby names.

"Okay, for a boy, George, and for a girl, Darcy," Harry said.

"George is an old man's name," I retorted.

"What? Prince George is adorable and he's definitely not an old man."

"I'm not naming my son George. I don't like that name."

"What about Darcy?" he asked.

"It's okay, I guess," I replied, shrugging.

"Well, what are your ideas?"

"For a girl, Elizabeth Anne, and for a boy, Matthew Edward."

Harry was quiet.

"What?" I asked, smirking. He liked those names, and he knew that I could tell.

"I like those names, a lot," Harry mumbled. He was such a sore loser at times.

"Hmm?" I teased, "I couldn't hear you. Can you speak up, babe?"

Harry rolled his eyes before repeating, "I like those names. A lot."

I grinned and let out a small laugh. I looked over at Harry and saw a hint of a grin on his raspberry colored lips. Looking at him, all I could think about was how great of a dad he was going to be. He was great with kids, and something told me that Harry was going to put the baby first, even above his career.

We pulled into the hospital parking lot and Harry parked the car. We got out and walked in, still holding hands. I checked in at the front desk and sat next to Harry in the waiting room.

"Do you want to know if it's a boy or a girl?" I asked.

"That depends. Do you?" Harry retorted.

"Honestly?"

"Always."

I smiled a bit before answering, "I really want to know. It'll make shopping for clothes and decorating the nursery so much easier."

"Well, that's great Sara, because I wanted to know as well," Harry said, lacing his slender fingers with mine. I felt my cheeks redden a little bit. Harry always found little ways to make me blush.