Chapter 34

Gemma saw me before I saw her. I'd been standing with Elizabeth in a stroller, waiting for my soon to be sister in law.

"Sara!" Gemma shouted, running towards me with her suitcase in tow. She enveloped me in a hug as soon as she was close enough.

"Hi, how are you?" I asked.

"A bit tired, but I'm happy to be here," Gemma replied. "How are you? I haven't seen you since Harry proposed."

"I'm great, actually. I feel blessed."

"That's good to hear. And how is my niece?"

Gemma walked over to the stroller and gave Elizabeth a kiss on her forehead.

"She's very good," I said, laughing.

"What time are we all meeting for lunch?" Gemma asked.

"I made a reservation for 11:30. I've got to make a stop on the way, too," I replied.

"What time is it now?"

"Just about 10:30."

Gemma picked up her suitcase and I started to push the stroller as we walked out of the airport. We got the car and Gemma put her suitcase in the trunk while I strapped Elizabeth in. I got into the driver's seat and buckled my seatbelt. Gemma sat next to me in the passenger's seat. I started the car and drove off towards the cupcake shop.

"So, Harry said that you've got your wedding dress already," Gemma said.

"Yeah, we went to the bridal shop a couple of weeks ago," I replied. "I've got a picture on my phone if you want to look at it."

Gemma picked up my phone and asked, "What's your passcode?"

"Um, 020194," I replied sheepishly.

Gemma looked at me and rolled her eyes.

"You're such a teenager," she teased.

"Oh, hush. At least I won't forget his birthday," I said, defending myself. Gemma shook her head, laughing to herself. She found a picture of my dress and gasped.

"Sara, you look radiant," Gemma said.

"Thank you very much," I replied, smiling. We spent the car ride singing along to the radio and catching up. We hadn't seen each other in almost two months at that point, and a lot had happened.

"I'm still offended that Harry didn't fly us out for the proposal," Gemma said. "Mum told him off for that."

"I was surprised that he hadn't," I replied.

"We didn't even know he was planning on proposing."

"Really?"

"I mean, he'd said he was going to eventually, but he didn't tell us he had anything planned. Especially something so soon and extravagant," Gemma explained, readjusting her sunglasses.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "That's really weird. Maybe he just forgot?"

"Probably," she said, laughing. "You know how he is."

I laughed. Oh, did I know just how forgetful Harry could be.

We pulled into the cupcake shop and I parked the car.

"Can you stay here with Elizabeth?" I asked Gemma.

"Yes, of course," she replied with a smile. I returned the smile before getting out of the car and walking into the shop.