Chapter 13

Sara's POV:

A few days after Harry and I visited my parents, I got a text from Madison asking when I wanted to have a baby shower.

*Me: I totally forgot about a baby shower! Uh, maybe in a week or so?*

*Madison: I'm on it. I'll send you all of the details!*

The great thing about having Madison as my best friend and my baby shower planner was that she majored in event management in college. I knew I could trust her with this and that she knew me well enough to know what I would and wouldn't want there.

"Sara, did you forget about your appointment today?" Harry called from downstairs.

"Uh, yeah, kind of. What time is that again?" I replied.

"30 minutes from now."

Crap. I tried to get ready as quickly as I could, but my gigantic stomach didn't make it very easy. I put on a pair of jeans, a plain black shirt, and brown sandals. I washed my face and put on some mascara and put my hair into a ponytail.

I waddled down the stairs to Harry and we went outside to get into the car. He helped me into the passenger seat and I buckled my seatbelt.

"I'm so sorry I forgot," I said once we'd left the driveway.

"Babe, it's okay. I'm not mad or anything," Harry replied with a laugh.

"I've been forgetting a lot of stuff lately, though. I forgot our three year anniversary last week, and I forgot my mom's birthday."

"Sara, it's okay. You've got a lot going on. You're a month away from giving birth, and you're tired."

"It's not okay, I keep forgetting important things," I cried.

"Sara, it is okay," Harry said, trying to calm me down.

He reached over and took my hand in his. He lifted it up to his lips to give it a kiss and then set our hands down on the center console where they stayed the entire car ride. I smiled the whole way, just because Harry was right, and I knew that I was going to get to meet my baby girl in a month.

Once we got to the doctor's office, we went inside and checked in. Then we sat down in the waiting room and, well, waited for my name to be called.

A nurse came out of one of the doors and said, "Sara Patterson?"

Harry helped me stand up and we walked over to where the nurse was and followed her back to one of the exam rooms.

"How are you feeling?" the nurse asked once we were in the room.

"I'm really tired, and I keep forgetting important stuff," I answered.

"That's normal," she replied, checking my blood pressure.

"It is?" I asked.

The nurse nodded. "You've got a lot on your mind, and like you said, you're exhausted, so that's normal."

I smiled a bit, feeling relieved. It was one thing for Harry to say it to try and calm me down, but it was another to hear a nurse say the same thing. I looked over at Harry who had a smug look on his face. I rolled my eyes at him.

"So, your due date is getting pretty close, so you'll want to have a bag packed for the hospital and keep it in one specific spot. That way when the baby comes, you can just grab it and go," the nurse said.

"What should be in the bag?" Harry asked.

"Clothes for the baby to wear home, clothes for Mom, anything you feel is important for you to have with."