Chapter 42

Anne and I spent the morning of Christmas Eve shopping for last minute gifts. I'd ordered something for Harry that was going to be at our house when we got back, but I didn't have anything to give him on Christmas morning.

"So, what have you got in mind for Harry?" Anne asked me as we were walking around he little shops downtown in Holmes Chapel.

"Um, I don't really know. I know that he needs a new watch," I replied, glancing at the window of a shop.

"What did you order him to give him back home?"

"A shirt from Gucci that he's been eyeing for a while and a new St. Christopher medal since he gave his away during his visit to Africa a few years ago. I brought the medal with me since it was easy to hide."

Anne smiled and said, "You're very thoughtful. He'll love those."

"Thank you," I replied. "I just want to give him something tomorrow morning."

"Well, there's a jewelry shop that also sells watches just up the road. Let's check there, yeah?" she suggested. I nodded and followed my soon-to-be mother-in-law to the jewelry shop. Luckily it was still open, so Anne and I walked inside. We saw a counter of Rolex watches and walked over.

"What do you think of this one for Harry?" Anne asked, pointing to a simple Sterling silver watch. It was very simple yet elegant and beautiful. Just like Harry.

"It's perfect for him," I said with a smile. An employee helped me check out and then Anne and I were on our way. We grabbed lunch at a little cafe after finding a tie for Robin.

"Are you excited for the wedding?" Anne asked as we sat at our table.

"I've never been more excited for anything in my life," I replied. "Besides Elizabeth's birth."

Anne laughed. "I'm glad that Harry and you are finally getting married."

"Thank you. I'm glad I'm marrying him."

"I can't wait for you two to have more children," Anne gushed with a smile.

"Neither can I," I admitted, giggling like a school girl. Truthfully, I missed being pregnant. It was weird because I'd done nothing but complain while I was pregnant with Elizabeth. Maybe I just had baby fever.

After lunch Anne and I made our way back to the house. We'd left Elizabeth with Harry and Robin while we went out. Once home I got changed into a garnet sweater, ripped skinny jeans, and my brown boots.

"You look beautiful," Harry said, walking into the bedroom. He snaked his arms around my waist from behind and kissed my cheek.

"Thank you. You look very handsome," I replied, lacing our fingers. He did look handsome in his wine colored button down, black jeans and black boots.

"I've got a present to give you tonight," he said in my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

"Can't wait," I squeaked. Harry smirked and kissed my cheek again.

"Let's go play with our baby," he suggested with a grin. I laughed and nodded. Harry and I walked into the guest room where the crib was set up and found Elizabeth laying on her back, wide awake.

"Hello, beautiful," I said with a smile. I leaned over and picked her up, kissing her cheek and she smiled up at me. She was wearing a 'Baby's First Christmas' onesie, red and white striped leggings, and Rudolph socks. She looked absolutely adorable.

"Did you dress her?" I asked Harry.

"Of course I did," he replied proudly. "She looks good, doesn't she? She'll be in Gucci in no time."