Chapter 15

Sara's POV:

It's been seven hours since I got into the hospital. My parents and siblings arrived within the first two hours and Niall, Liam, and Louis for here after three hours. Harry's family got on a plane as soon as Harry called them.

"Hello hello hello, how are we feeling?" the doctor asked as he came into the room.

"I'm tired and I'm ready for her to be born already," I groaned.

The doctor was on a stool at the end of the bed and examining me. He did this for a couple of minutes and asked questions like how frequent the contractions were and how they felt on a scale of 1-10.

"Well, Sara, it looks like you're nine centimeters dilated," the doctor said, taking off his gloves.

"What does that mean?" Harry asked.

"Pretty soon, you'll be ready to push. I'll check back in an hour, but call me if you need anything or if anything changes."

I nodded while Harry and the doctor shook hands. I groaned as soon as he left. I was so over being pregnant.

"You're almost there, love," Harry cooed.

"What time is it?" I whined.

"It's just about midnight," he said.

I groaned again. How was I going to last another hour?

"Hey babe," I said, "can you go get my mom and Allie and Madison please?"

"Yeah baby, of course," he answered.

After a few minutes, Harry came back with my mom, my sister, and my best friend.

"Hi Sara, what's up?" Allie asked.

"I'm in labor," I said.

"I know, but I meant why'd you want to see us?"

"Oh, I just wanted to give Harry a break from me, and I wanted female company."

My mom sat in the chair right next to me and Allie and Madison sat on the edges of the hospital bed. My mom took my hand and kissed it.

"I'm so proud of you Sara," she said.

"Mom, I'm scared," I said quietly.

"Why's that sweetheart?"

I took a shaky breath and willed the tears forming in my eyes to go away. "What if I'm a bad mom? Like, what if she hates me?"

"Sara, you're going to be an amazing mom," Allie said.

"But what if I'm not?" I cried.

"No one loves Elizabeth more than you, not even Harry, and she hasn't even been born yet," Madison reassured me. "She will never hate you because you'll never give her a reason to."

My mom added, "And if you need help, I live close by, so I'll always be here for you."

I nodded and wiped at my eyes. "I just really don't want to mess her up."

"You won't. But if you do, just have another kid," Allie suggested.

"Allison!" my mom scolded.

Allie shrugged and mumbled an apology.

"Can you guys go get Harry? The doctor will be here soon and I want Harry with me when he is," I said.

"Of course. We love you," Madison answered.

"I love you guys too."

They left the room and Harry came in a minute later. He smiled when he walked in. For some reason, as soon as I saw him, all of my fears and nerves went away. I had the love of my life to help me raise our daughter. We were going to be okay.

"Hey," Harry said.

"Hi," I said back.

"I'm scared."

"Me too. But we'll figure it out. We always do."

"I know, but this isn't a tour schedule or something, it's a baby," he explained.

I took his hand and locked eyes with him before saying, "We've got each other, and our families. We'll be okay."

Harry smiled and kissed my forehead. He was about to say something when the doctor came in.

"How are we feeling Sara? Any different?" he asked, sitting on a stool in front of me.

"Not really. Still pregnant," I joked.

"Well, it looks like you're ten centimeters dilated, and it's time to push."

My heart started to pound immediately. This was real. I was about to give birth. Harry and I were about to become parents.

A few nurses came in and were helping me get ready to push. I looked at Harry and mouthed "I love you." He smiled and mouthed it back.

"Okay Sara, on the count of three, start pushing. One...two...three."

A/N:

Ahh!! Elizabeth is coming!!

Remember to vote and all that good stuff!!