Chapter 21

Harry's POV:

The morning after our fight, Sara and I woke up in each other's arms. I looked down at my sleeping girlfriend and kissed her forehead. She didn't stir or anything, but that was okay. Sara needed her rest.

We'd both gotten up for Elizabeth's changes or feedings, and I could tell that it meant a lot to Sara. I also understood why she was so mad that I didn't help the first night. It was hard.

I heard Elizabeth start to fuss in her room and I carefully got out of bed without waking up Sara. I walked into the nursery and picked up my daughter.

"Good morning beautiful," I whispered.

Elizabeth continued to squirm and cry and I could smell that she needed a diaper change. I quickly changed her diaper, but she didn't stop crying.

I decided to do the one thing I really knew how to do: sing. I started singing "Isn't She Lovely" and rocking her back and forth. She eventually fell asleep, but I didn't want to put her down just yet.

"You're so lovely Elizabeth Anne," I whispered, kissing her tiny head. "I love you no matter what. Even if I'm on tour for a few months, I'll always come home to you and your mum."

"She knows that Harry," Sara said from the doorway.

I turned around and saw her standing there with her dark hair in a messy ponytail and a tired smile while wearing one of my shirts and some shorts. And she still looked so beautiful.

"I just wanted her to know," I mumbled, embarrassed.

"I know baby," Sara cooed.

She walked over to me and kissed my cheek and then Elizabeth's.

"You're a natural with her," Sara remarked.

"I am?" I asked.

Sara nodded. "I knew you would be. I've seen you around babies and kids before."

I smiled a bit. Just as I leaned down to kiss Sara, Elizabeth started to cry.

"She's probably hungry," Sara said.

I nodded and handed her Elizabeth. Sara sat down in the rocking chair and began to feed our daughter.

"You're a natural too," I said. "At being a mum, I mean."

Sara smiled. "Thank you."

After Elizabeth was done feeding, Sara rocked her to sleep and put her in her crib. We both walked down to the kitchen to make breakfast.

"Sit back mademoiselle, because Chef Harry is going to prepare your meal," I said in a cheesy French accent.

Sara laughed and sat down at the bar and watched me cook some waffles, bacon, and scrambled eggs. Sara hated the yolks for some reason, so she only ate her eggs scrambled.

"Scrambled eggs for the beautiful lady, as well as bacon and waffles," I said, placing Sara's plate in front of her.

"You're amazing babe. Thank you," she said.

I smiled. "Anything for you."

We ate our breakfast in a comfortable silence. Afterwards, Sara went upstairs to wake up Elizabeth and bring her downstairs to where we were eating. Elizabeth's green eyes were open and looking around at everything.

"She's you with green eyes and curly hair," I said to Sara.

"She's got your eyes for sure," Sara replied.

"She's perfect."

Sara nodded in agreement and kissed Elizabeth's chubby cheeks.

"So today I've got a meeting downtown to discuss the movie tour, and I propose that you and Elizabeth join me," I stated.

Sara shook her head. "Babe she's not even a week old. She's not ready to be out yet," Sara replied. "And you know the paps will hound us."

Sara's POV:

Harry frowned at my response. I wanted to go spend the day with him, but I didn't want Elizabeth to catch anything or be in the media. I also didn't want to leave her.

"We could get Madison to babysit?" Harry suggested.

I shook my head again. "I don't want to leave her with a sitter while she's still breastfeeding," I said.

"I want to spend as much time with you as I can before I leave."

"I know, Harry, I do too. I just don't think Elizabeth is ready to be in public yet."

Harry sighed and shrugged.

"Come here," I said.

Harry shuffled over to me with his bottom lip stuck out in a pout. I cupped his face with my hands and kissed his bottom lip.

"I love you. We have a few weeks until you leave right?" I asked.

"Yeah, I leave on October 5," he replied.

"You realize you're leaving on my birthday right?"

Harry's face changed. He looked upset, and also mad. I wasn't sure if he was mad at himself or his management team or both.

"We can celebrate the day before?" he suggested.

I rolled my eyes. He forgot my birthday. Of course. And of course it was the day he left for three months.

"You're mad," Harry remarked.

"No, I'm not," I lied.

"You are. I know you, Sara."

"You're leaving, for three months, on my birthday. And you didn't even remember when my birthday was."

"Sara, I don't know what you want me to do here. This is my job," Harry said, running his fingers through his hair.

"I want you to stay here like you said you would when we got back together," I responded quietly.

Harry sighed and shook his head. "I've got my meeting soon, so I should get going."

And with that, Harry got up and left the house, slamming the front door behind him.

A/N:

Yikes there's a lot of tension between them.

My updates won't be as frequent just because I have a little bit of writer's block and I'm trying to figure out where I want this story to go. Thank you so much for reading! Remember to vote and comment!