Chapter 9

After cleaning up from dinner, Harry told me to go lay down in bed and that he'd come join me once he was done with the dishes. As I laid in bed, so much was going through my mind. For the last year I'd been trying to forget the miscarriage and act like it never happened. The pain was indescribable, knowing that my baby had died before I'd even gotten to meet him or her. I'd done a pretty job forgetting it. That is, until Harry asked about it.

"You're really beautiful, you know that?" I heard Harry say from the doorway.

"As if," I scoffed.

"No, really, you are," Harry said, making his way into the bedroom. He changed into a t-shirt and flannel pants and then got into bed next to me.

"I look like a whale, Harry," I whined, "My ankles are so swollen, I can barely fit into anything anymore, and-"

I was cut off by Harry placing his lips on mine.

"You are carrying our child, and you love me, so you couldn't possibly be anything other than beautiful to me, babe," he whispered.

"You're very affectionate tonight," I teased.

Harry leaned down and kissed me again. He then laced his fingers with my own, since I couldn't do anything but lay on my back when sleeping. It was still a sweet way of staying connected, even if he couldn't wrap his arms around me like he used to.

"Good night my love," I said quietly.

"I love you," Harry whispered.

"I love you too."

Harry's POV:

The sunlight streaming in through the windows perfectly highlighted Sara's face. She was still sleeping and I didn't want to wake her. I knew how much she needed her rest, especially after our conversation last night. I could tell that it had drained her a bit.

I'm not even sure how I'd originally planned to ask her about it. Madison had told me at a party a few months ago after she'd had a few drinks. I'd been planning how to bring it up, and as soon as I'd said it last night I knew I shouldn't have. Sara went pale and looked guilty. I wasn't sure if she felt guilty for not telling me, losing the baby, or both.

But now we were about two months away from being parents. She was healthy, Elizabeth was healthy, and I wasn't going on tour any time soon. The timing couldn't have been better. Only one thing was missing, and that was a ring on Sara's finger.

I looked down at her and smiled. She looked so peaceful and beautiful when she was asleep. I loved her with every ounce of my being. How could I not? Sara had stuck by me through tours, rumors, fights, and me just being an idiot in general. I'd made a vow to myself to never let her go again, because I knew that she was it for me.

In the three months that we weren't together, I'd tried to forget her and focus on my music, but none of it made sense without her. I couldn't keep my mind off of her, and the more I tried to forget her, the worse it got. And then I'd heard that she was pregnant, and I dropped everything and flew from London to L.A. to see her.

I felt Sara stir next to me and she sat up, blinking the sleep from her blue eyes.

"Good morning beautiful," I said, kissing her cheek.

Sara blushed a little and smiled.

"Good morning my love," Sara replied, kissing my lips. Now it was my turn to blush.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked.

"Honestly?" Sara responded.

"Always."

She smiled a bit before saying, "I would love nothing more than to go see my parents. We haven't seen them at all since we've gotten back together."

"We can go see them if you want."

Sara's face lit up. "Really? Are you sure?"

I nodded. "Absolutely."

The smile on Sara's face was enough to make me ignore the fact that her parents, especially her dad, really disliked me. I don't blame them, but it was still an issue. I wasn't sure what I'd just agreed to, but if it made my girl happy, it was worth it.

A/N:

Hi guys!! This chapter was really short, I know. But I hope you liked it!

Harry's performing on SNL tonight and I am SO EXCITED and proud of him.

Thanks for reading this chapter!