t h r e e

[Draco's POV]

Even though the encounter with Granger had lighten up his mood a bit, his head was still pounding from stress. What was that woman thinking?! Out of all the people it had to be me. Draco Malfoy, ex - death eater. Oh the other students are sure gonna love that, oh they'll love having an ex - death eater as their Head Boy. And it just had to be Granger hadn't it. Damn, that woman just picked the right couple. Hermione Granger, one third of the Golden Trio who defeated the Dark Lord, the brightest witch of her age and the hero who is practically adored by everyone.

Draco muttered the password to the large doors that loomed before him into the common room, and collapsed onto one of the large, black leather couch. He ran a hand through his platinum blonde hair, closed his eyes and sighed. He hadn't even been Head Boy for a whole day and he was already tired. He flinched slightly as a slender hand slid around his waist. "It's alright Draco," Pansy said softly as she made to straddle him, "It's only me." Oh and that makes it so much better. Pansy was like a leech with a face of a pit-bull. She'd follow him around everywhere Merlin she wouldn't let go of him! She draped her arms around the boy's neck and pushed her lips onto his, letting her tongue slip into his mouth, exploring his mouth like a new found cave. Even though he hated her, he still kissed her back. It had become automatic over the years, an old habit one might say.

"Pansy, not now." Draco pushed her off him and stood up, "I've told you before, I don't want to be with you. Being friends, that's fine. But this, what ever it is, it has to stop."

"Aw come on Draco, don't say that." She blocked his way to the boys' dormitories, "If you want to be with me, just say it."

"I just said I didn't want to be with you." He was way too tired to be picking a fight with her tonight, maybe tomorrow. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to bed."

Once he had gotten out of her sight, he ran straight to the room he shared with Blaise Zabini and Theodore Nott. "Whoa mate, what happened?" The taller of the two boys - Blaise - asked.

"Bet you it was Pansy," The other boy replied smirking.

"What again?!" Blaise laughed, earning a glare from Draco, "Anyway, who was Head Girl."

Draco groaned inwardly as he was reminded that he actually had to work with her, couldn't he just have the badge and the title? "Granger."

"Seriously?" he nodded solemnly, "Huh, makes sense though, her being the Golden Trio and all."

The blonde haired boy shot him an icy glare, "Jee, thanks Blaise. Such a supportive friend." Blaise simply shrugged and offered a sheepish smile, "Look I'm bust. Think I'll head in for the night."

[The next day]

Draco trudged down to the Great Hall barely able to keep his eyes open. The moment he had entered the Hall all the chattering quickly died down, hundreds of eyes were all focused on him. Including the soft, caramel, brown ones that belonged to a certain bushy haired brunette. He kept his eyes down as he made his way over to the Slytherin table. "Did Mcgonagall announce it?"

Blaise shook his head as he took a huge bite of his toast, "Nope, somehow word got around that you got Head Boy."

"Granger, do they know about her?"

"Mate, news spreads like wildfire here. Of course they know about Granger."

Draco chewed nervously on his lip as he absentmindedly took a piece if toast from the massive stack. The chattering has started up again which was good, maybe they hadn't taken the news so badly after all. He glanced at his watch, they still had twenty minutes before class started, "I'll meet you there,"