t h i r t y s i x

[Harry's POV]

Never in his entire life did he imagine that one of his best friends would be getting married to Draco Malfoy, his (once) arch-nemesis. He hated the idea at first but in the end who was if he was going to go between his best friend and the love of her life?

Harry was with Ron and Hermione at Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes as they picked special effects to go with the wedding just before George was closing up the shop.

"How big of a firework did you want?" George asked as he went through boxes of Weasleys' Wildfire Whiz-Bangs, "Remember that one Fred and I set off in the exam hall?"

"The massive dragon that went after Umbridge?" Harry cracked a smile at the fond memory which was almost the best memory of his life aside from maybe his wedding date and watching the centaurs take Umbridge away into the Forbidden Forest, "How could I have forgotten?"

"How about something like that, Hermione?"

"That'd be great! Maybe that could feature Draco and I?" She said hopefully and tickled the little Pigmy Puff, "But if you can't then any firework would do nicely."

"Fred was usually the one who did the spells but..." George trailed off and looked down at the floor for a brief moment, so brief that you wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't actually been paying attention. He exchanged a worried glance at Hermione who extended a hand out to George, "But I'll see what I can do."

Ron emerged out from behind the boxes carrying a giant crate that was labelled Skiving Snackboxes. "Here, George I got our largest crate of... Oh, Hermione. I thought it was just going to be Harry." His ears turned red and look to Harry who shook his head vigorously as if to say he had on part in this.

"Were you guys planning on pranking my guests?" She raised a deadly eyebrow and turned to Ron and who looked like he wanted to shrink himself and hide in a Skiving Snackbox. "Ronald Bilius Wealsey."

"They're only temporary and besides there's an antidote to stop the action!" Hermione only glared at him more, "It's Malfoy, Mione. Just one prank? You know, for old time's sake."

"Harry, help me talk some reason into Ron." She rolled her eyes but he saw the small twitch of the corner of her lips which meant they weren't totally dead.

"Hermione, it's nothing serious. It'll be fun!"

"Harry Potter!" She threw her hands up, "He's going to be my husband."

"Yeah but you used to hate him?" Ron smiled and pulled a Fever Fudge from the box and dangled it in front of Hermione, "For old time's sake when it was us against Malfoy."

She rolled her eyes and looked to George who only grinned and shrugged, "Nothing serious. And after the wedding, when everyone else has left."

"You're the best Hermione!" Harry beamed and high-fived Ron who was grinning from ear to ear.

[Pansy's POV]

Pansy Parkinson walked down the dimly lit, spiralling alley of the darker parts of London with her bony thin hands in her pockets and a sick smile playing about her lips. The air was cool as it bit at her cheeks and cracked her lips, making her hunch further in on herself. She licked her lips and winced at the sting that came afterwards, lately she had been spending quite a lot of time in the muggle world and finding the dark secrets that came with it. She had always thought of muggles as boring but not anymore, not really. To her they offered something different that the wizarding world could never offer her, there were people like her who wanted to distance themselves from the world, to escape for a while even if it was for only a minute or two.

She took a long drag of her cigarette and slowly blew out the smoke and smiled when the night's breeze blew it back into her face. An old friend - more of an acquaintance - had agreed to meet up with her to talk about her little plan for dear Draco and his mudblood bride, they thought that it wasn't safe for them to meet publicly in any part of the wizarding world due to their parents' involvement with You Know Who in the war.

She turned a corner and saw a figure in a trench coat, leaning against the wall, hidden in the shadows of the street light. "Have you considered my proposal?"

He looked at her with an emotionless look in his face, "I have, and I think it's crazy."

"I needed a big finish." She simply stated and took another drag.

"There will be other people there as well, muggles who don't know how to deal with magic."

"So?"

"So, it could be murder." he signed, "Do you know how lucky we are not to be in Azkaban like our parents? And I can't. He's still my friend even though we haven't exactly been close."

"He's getting married to a mudblood."

"And that's his business. Not ours."

"It's not just any mudblood, Goyle. It's Granger. Hermione fucking Granger. The brains behind why Potter's still alive and a third of that bloody golden trio. Do you expect me just to stand there and wait for this to just roll over? Pretend like it's not happening?"

"No, I expect you to get over your high school crush and just leave him alone." It was dark but she could still see him roll his eyes. Of course he didn't understand her hatred for Granger, he didn't get beaten and tortured because some mudblood beat him in an exam. Beat him in a duel. "Look, Draco and I are friends even though we weren't exactly that close to begin with but in all honesty, I didn't even expect that he'd invite me to his wedding. I don't want to ruin the little friendship we have and besides, I'm closer to him than I am to you so why on earth would I help you crash his wedding?"

"Well," she began as a smile played across her lips, "You're right I guess, he is your friend after all." Goyle raised an eyebrow, "But don't you want to protect him? Take from my point of view, I was actually there when they started dating. I saw the was he looked at her, it was full of love, pure love. But the way she looked at him? I could see the evil behind it. The real evil behind that innocent bookworm disguise, I mean, it's a damn surprised she wasn't placed in Slytherin, ha! But of course, she didn't do anything to him under my careful watch but if they get married and move into a house of their own? She could do anything."

"I really don't think I can believe that," he said shaking his head, "Hermione Granger? She's not that kind of person."

"That's because she hides it. She hides it all under that pretty face of hers." Pansy moved closer to the man who back away in a wall and put her hand under his chin, tilting his face so that their eyes were locked together, "If you let her get away with this, then once she hurts him, Draco's blood will be on your hands. Not mine because I didn't stand by and watched it all happen."

Goyle sighed in defeat and Pansy couldn't help but feel pitiful and victorious at the same time, "Fine, fine. I'll do it but nothing that'll get too out of hand okay? Just preventing them from getting married and nothing more. They'll be no blood, no one will get hurt okay?"

"Of course, exactly by those terms." she grinned through her cracked lips and shook his hand, "It'll be a wedding to remember."

it's the holidays now so I'll update more frequently ^^

hope you guys enjoyed that chapter!