s e v e n t e e n

[Draco's POV]

It had been a week since Hermione completely thrashed Pansy in a duel, and for that entire week, the pug-faced girl was nowhere to be seen. Some say that she jumped off the astronomy tower in shame and embarrassment and some people believe that she's plotting revenge against the two of them. Call him a cold hearted bastard but Draco couldn't care less. 

Rumours were just rumours, right?

Somehow the whole school knew about the incident but word hasn't gotten to the Professors yet. Or maybe they have but they just chose to ignore it?

Draco chewed on the end of his quill, wracking his mind for something to write their report on. They already written something on everything! Students' behaviour, how they got along together, what they've had to confiscate, students that ditch class, spells gone wrong, students sneaking out of school... 

Draco threw his quill down, lent back onto the couch and closed his eyes. Who knew being Head Boy came with so much work. Prefect duty was okay, they didn't have to write reports to the Headmistress every week, did they now. While Draco was there trying to figure out why he had even decide to come back to Hogwarts, Hermione was furiously scribbling away, oblivious to what was going on around her. 

After many dates to Hogsmeade - and into the muggle world - Hermione finally decided that she was going to become his girlfriend. Merlin, if she had kept him waiting any longer he would've given up already. He never had to go around chasing after some girl, girls came after him! 

"Draco, are you seriously not going to write anything?" Hermione said as she rolled up her piece of parchment, ready to hand it in. 

Draco gave her a bored look, "I can't think of anything to write it on, I mean, we've written about like every single subject available."

"Well, I'm going to give mine to Mcgonagall," she gathered up her stuff, "Do you think she knows about what happened?"

"Maybe, probably I mean all the students know, there's no way the teachers don't."

"Then why hasn't she said anything about it?"

"Maybe she's just choosing to ignore it," Draco gathered up his stuff and shrugged, "Maybe she doesn't mind the fact that Pansy jumped off the astronomy tower!"

Hermione whacked him with her bag, causing him to laugh even harder, "You know that's not funny."

"I mean, it's a little funny."

She rolled her eyes, "You are so immature."

"Maybe that's why you love me so much,"

"Maybe that is why," She grabbed her wand and gave it a wave, setting the stuff in Draco's arm onto the table once more, "But you still have to finish your report."

"Oh come. On." The platinum haired boy slumped back down on the couch, starting to rethink his life choices for the six-hundredth time.

"It's only a foot of parchment," she pecked him on the cheek, "You'll live darling."

Draco couldn't help but blush, he doesn't usually blush, he never blushes! But it's always the little things that she does that make him blush. Who knows why Weasley broke up with her, but he's bloody glad he did. 

[The next day...]

[Hermione's POV]

Merlin's beard. He's worse than Harry or Ron! I've even asked Professor Mcgonagall for an extra day and he still doesn't hand it in????!! Boyfriend or not, I am NOT, loosing my position now.