t w e l v e

[Draco's POV]

CRACK!

They were at the front gates of Malfoy Manor. Hermione was shaking so badly and Draco wanted to hold out a hand to steady her. He knew exactly why she was shaking. He could see it in those caramel brown orbs; fear.

"Hey, you okay?" he said, placing a hand on her arm.

Hermione nodded, "Yeah, it's just - you know, this place."

"Yeah I know, and I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For not doing anything when it happened."

"Draco, we're not doing this. You couldn't have done anything or Voldemort would've killed you and your family." Draco flinched when she said His name. He wanted to be able to say His name without fear. But he just couldn't bring himself to do it.

"Well then, I present to you; Malfoy Manor." He offered her his arm and they walked to the front door, "Let me,"

Hermione giggled as he opened the door, gesturing her to go first, "Such a gentlemen, I didn't know you had that in you."

"Well, I am offended." He smiled and walked in after her.

"Mum, Dad!" Hermione hugged her parents, "This is Draco, the Head Boy I was telling you about."

She told them about me? Well Granger, full of surprises.

"Pleasure to meet you Mr and Mrs Granger," Draco shook hands with Hermione's parents, "Mother, this is Hermione Granger."

"Pleasure to meet you Mrs Malfoy,"

"Please, call me Narcissa. Now, please follow me, the dining room is right this way."

They walked past a large corridor that even Draco still found quite stunning after years of living here. And it would seem that his mum had redecorated the house with, well. 'Lighter' ornaments. Instead of the dark black walls that used to surround them, they were now painted a light shade of grey, making the house seem a lot brighter.

"Wow, your house is amazing!" The bushy haired girl whispered.

"It's not that amazing,"

"Trust me, it is."

They sat down around the dining table, Mr and Mrs Granger next to each other, Draco next to his mum and Hermione next to him. They ate a magnificent feast prepared by Layla the Malfoy's new house elf.

"Excuse us," Draco said and grabbed Hermione's hand as they finished dessert.

The two of them walked out to the Malfoy's garden. Hermione gasped as they walked through the glass doors, it was the most beautiful garden she had ever seen. The aroma of the garden reminding him of the Amortentia. They walked under an archway with beautiful flowers dangling down like curtains. Perfectly trimmed bushes lined the stone pathway, curving around a fountain then splitting into different parts of the garden.

"Do you like it?" Draco asked as they stopped next to the picnic blanket under a large oak tree.

"Your garden's beautiful and the picnic, you didn't have to do that." A slight blush creeped onto Hermione's cheeks as they sat down.

"You're right, I didn't have to do it." He grabbed a cookie and took a bit, "But I did it anyway because I am such a nice person."

Hermione shook her head and grinned, "You are the furthest thing to a nice person,"

"How dare you?" The blonde haired boy mocked, "You're not that nice yourself."

"At least I'm a lot nicer than you,"