e i g h t e e n

a/n

I am so sorry that i kinda disappeared, anyway enjoy! ^^

[Draco's POV]

Draco woke up to see a busied Hermione writing what was probably his essay. He felt kinda bad that she was doing his work for him but hey, at least he tried, right? He wrapped his arm around her waist and lightly kissed her neck.

"Somebody's up nice and early,"

"Draco, it's almost ten o'clock. It's not exactly early,"

"Anytime before noon is pretty early,"

She turned around and raised an amused eyebrow, "Really?"

Hermione's eyes were pink and puffy and she was just missing the usually Hermione-Shine.

"Hey, what happened?"

She shook her head softly.

"Hermione, Hermione talk to me."

She shook her head harder, looking away from him.

"Why are you crying?"

"I'm not - I'm not crying. It's nothing, don't worry about it."

"Hermione,"

"Just please, it's nothing okay?"

Draco hesitated but nodded. "Okay," he kissed her, grazing his tongue on her bottom lip. "You want to go out today?"

"I wanna go to the beach,"

"The beach huh? Let's go to the beach then," he got up off the couch and offered her his arm. She gladly hooked her arm around his and offered a smile. Her smile was just as beautiful as always but her eyes, there was something missing in them. The light that usually shone out from her eyes, they weren't there anymore. They looked faded, like a person who was slowly dying inside.

After they had backed their stuff, they walked to Hogsmeade, to the same alley and apparated away to a date that might unknowingly be his last.

Draco gasped, the seaside that Hermione had taken them to was just gorgeous. The beach wasn't a big one, but just a small hidden beach behind some rocks and to Draco's delight, they were the only people there. As a wizard, and especially one that grew up in a prejudice family, Draco never really got to go to the beach. Of course he knew what it was, but really, he had never been to a beach before.

"Wow," he breathed, running a hand through his hair, "Hermione - Hermione!"

He knelt over Hermione whose hands were covered in blood, he looked to where she was clutching her leg and almost fainted. A chunk of flesh was missing from her leg exposing a bit of her bone. Merlin's beard she had splinched.

"Hermione you've splinched - holy shit. Shit!"

"B-Bag, E-Essence of Dittany."

"What, in this tiny thing?" Draco held up the beaded purse and shook it around.

He swore that if Hermione hadn't been in so much pain she would've laughed. He stuck his arm into the bad and rummaged through for a small bottle.

"Got it." Draco uncorked the bottle and dripped the essence onto Hermione's leg which sizzled alarmingly but she assure that that was meant to happen. "Bloody hell, woman! How come you spilched?"

"I don't know, I just - my mind was on something else."

"Come on, we're here anyway. Let's just enjoy ourselves."