t w e n t y

5 years later...

[Draco's POV]

Draco Malfoy walked into the living of his new apartment and slumped down onto the couch. He had become a successful businessman and was currently working in the Ministry of Magic helping to round up the rest of the Death Eaters that were still on the loose. And much to his surprise, he had become good co-workers with Potter and Weasley who were Aurors.

He felt someone sit down next to him and gave him a peck on the cheek, "How was work?"

"Tiring. We haven't had any progress in capturing Death Eaters that are still out there."

"I'm sure you'll find them," Astoria Greengrass stood up off the couch and ruffled the blonde's hair. Draco and Astoria had been married for around about two years. They got together just a while after the incident between him and - and Hermione. "Go and take a shower, dinner's going to be ready in about an hour."

Reluctantly Draco heaved himself off the couch and made way into their bedroom. The walls were a light grey and the sheets were black - just the way he liked it. He opened the bathroom door and was immediately taken back when the strong smell of cinnamon hit him. He drew in a deep breath, drawing the comforting scent into his lungs.

Cinnamon.

Ever since they had moved in together, Astoria had put candles and burners all around the house. And she'd changed them regularly so he wasn't really surprised that cinnamon would come up sooner or later.

He stepped into the shower and rubbed spearmint shower gel over his body. Spearmint was another favourite of his. Hermione liked spearmint and maybe she still does. Wait - stop!

He washed the soap off his body and tried to clear his thoughts. It was something that would happen from time to time. And he couldn't help it. Hermione Granger was his first love. First loves aren't easy to forget.

The smell of cinnamon was much fainter now and it smelted like old books, probably damp ones. Damn, I need to tell her to take the magazines out of the bathroom.

He threw on a t-shirt and pyjama shorts and headed into the kitchen to find Astoria waiting for him at the dining table. She had made pasta with a side of garlic bread, one of his favourite dishes. "Merlin, you are an amazing cook."

"You haven't even tried it,"

"Gets better every time you make it," Draco took a spoonful of pasta and shoved it in his mouth, "See, as amazing as always."

The dark haired girl laughed, "Tomorrow I'll be leaving early to pick up some supplies from the dock, so I won't be home until late."

"Sure, by the way, how are things going with the website?" Draco asked. Astoria had just recently started a website for handmade candles along with her job as a designer in the muggle world. Mixing wizard and muggle clothing together seemed to have made her one of the most well known designers in London.

"Alright I guess, the candles are selling a lot more than before though. Anyway, I'm going to bed. Night Draco." She kissed him on the forehead and headed upstairs.

[Hermione's POV]

Saturday and Sunday mornings were the only time she could wake up late. She stretched, rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and went to make breakfast. She hummed a tune as she cracked some eggs into the pan and fried herself some bacon. She gave her wand a wave, lit a spearmint candle and with another wave towards her bedroom, her bed made itself.