t h i r t y n i n e

[Draco's POV]

After fixing the broken tables and chairs at Malfoy Manor, they finally apparated to Shell Cottage where everyone exchanged a sigh of relief when they had seen that no one was badly hurt. Potter had helped him dig up a grave for Goyle's body. There was something about doing it by hand and not by magic that made it mean something more. It gave his death a meaning.

Draco had never actually been to Shell Cottage before but he definitely wasn't disappointed. A huge tent had been set up on the grassy area next to the cottage, fairy lights hung from the pointed of the tents and the archway that lead to it and a red carpet had been laid down from the archway to the entrance of the tent. Inside, there was a huge table with all sorts of food spread down its length. Draco recognised the French man who had organised their catering, he raised his hand as a greeting and in the return, the man gave him an encouraging smile and pointed behind him.

His mother rushed up to him and crushed him in a hug, cupping his face into her hands and turning it from side to side, "Oh thank goodness you're okay," Draco gave her a weak smile, "How's Hermione holding up after that awful event?"

He exchanged a look over to Hermione who was with her parents, tending to their cuts and wounds, "She's strong. A lot stronger than me at least," he drew a huge breath in, "She'll be okay, she always is."

Draco left his mother and walked over to the Grangers, "Mr and Mrs Granger, I'm so sorry for what happened, Pansy had problems with us in the past at Hogwarts but no one thought that she would take it this far. Her family was with Voldemort like my family was but I guess that there was more that was going on."

Hermione and her parents reassured him that everything was fine, it wasn't like they weren't going to let her marry him anymore which to Draco was probably the best outcome that could possibly come from what had just happened.

Professor McGonagall approached them and placed a hand on Hermione's shoulders, "Well, now that that's over, shall we continue with the wedding?"

"That," he straightened his tux, "would be great."

Professor McGonagall placed the tip of her wand at her throat, "If I could please have your attention," she voiced boomed over the chatter and everyone soon quietened down, "I am sure that you are all aware of the occurrence that had just happened and a former student of mine was injured and very unfortunately killed by another. But if it hadn't been for him, many more might have gotten hurt." The crowd exchanged solemn glances, "Nevertheless, we were here to celebrate a joining of two hearts, and that is indeed what we will do. Draco Malfoy, if you would finish your vow."

Draco and Hermione walked up the podium once more and Hermione quickly muttered a spell that fixed up the ripped hem of her dress and took his hands into hers, "Well, um Hermione Granger, I choose you. To stand by you side and to sleep in your arms. To be the joy to your heart and the sparkle in your eyes. To learn with you and grow old with you, even as time and life changes us both. I promise to laugh with you in good times and struggle along with you in the bad ones. I promise to respect you, to cherish you as an individual, a partner and a friend. I choose to love all of you and trust what I don't know yet so having said this, I give you my hand. I give you my love and I give you myself. So, if you don't hate me too much by now for all the super cheesy and probably cringy words, if would be great if you'd take me as your husband."

Hermione wiped a tear from her eye and squeezed his hand, the caramel brown eyes that he fell in love with looking right into his grey ones, "I'd gladly take you as my husband, Draco Malfoy."

"I now pronounce you, husband and wife." The crowd erupted into an applause and Draco was pretty sure that it was Blaise and Weaslette who started to wolf-whistle. "You may kiss."