t w e n t y e i g h t

[Draco's POV]

Draco was meeting up with Blaise who had just gotten back from a work exchange in Belgium. After they had graduated from Hogwarts, Blaise went off to a muggle university to study architecture and was now completing his masters degree. He never took Blaise for the artsy type, but he won't deny it. Blaise was good. Like really good. Since wizarding  grades can't be transferred he had to submit a portfolio and he was accepted in a week!

Blaise had been studying him intensely as he nibbled on some chips. Only a few moments ago they had been talking loudly - probably disturbing other tables - but suddenly Blaise had gone quiet. Draco couldn't take it anymore so he shoved the last of his chips into his mouth and put his fist down.

"What the hell, are you doing?" He said, pronouncing out each syllable.

"Nothing." He shrugged, "I was just eating."

"Why were you staring at me?"

He shrugged again, "I wasn't."

"Zabini, I might not be the smartest wizard around but I'm not blind."

Blaise rolled his eyes, "Soooooo... you and granger have gotten back together."

"Yes."

"Huh, about time. Anyway, something happened didn't it?"

"What do you mean?"

"You've changed."

"No I haven't."

"I've know you for almost fifteen years. Trust me, you've changed." The dark haired boy ponders for a bit, staring at him with those dark blue eyes. And to be honest, Draco thought it was quite creepy. "You've had sex with her."

Draco almost choked on his coffee and winced when some of it went up his nose and the rest, spilling onto his pants. "Ow, ow, ow!" He pointed his wand at the stain, "Evanesco." And rubbed his leg as the stain vanished.

"I knew it."

"How?"

"You were acting different! I mean, it happened that time you lost your virginity, you became more mature I guess. How was it?"

"What do you mean how was it?"  Blaise, you're my best friend. But to hell if I'll tell you about my night with her.

"Well, it was obviously different. How was so different from the other girls you've had sex with?"

"I don't know... it was just her. And if felt like we actually had something. We weren't just doing it because we both wanted some sort of distraction, we did it because we had a real connection and we wanted to be even closer. And-" Why in hell am I babbling on about this to him, "Look, I didn't come here to talk about my sex life with you."

"Huh, you know, back at Hogwarts, I didn't even have to ask you to tell me! Ha!" Blaise grinned and popped a chip into his mouth.

[Hermione's POV]
Draco drove her back to her house the next morning and for the rest of the day she couldn't think about anything else other than what had happened the night before. She didn't know what she was expecting to be honest. She didn't know if it was going to be awkward or not or maybe she'll mess up but it wasn't anything like that at all. It wasn't magical but it wasn't awkward to say the least. None of them really knew what to do but they somehow just went along with it and soon everything started to fall into place.

"Hey honey," her mum called out from the living room as she walked past on the way up to her room, "Where have you been?"

"I stayed over at a friend's."

"So are you and Draco back together?" The question stunned Hermione, leaving her utterly speechless. "Honey, it's okay. It's a good thing that you're back together."

"Who told you?" She asked nervously, she hadn't planned on telling her parents yet.

"We met Harry at the supermarket yesterday and he told us."

"Oh."

"It's a good thing," he said and beckoned her to come and sit down, "It's good to see you're really finally happy again."

Hermione chewed on her lip for a moment. Happy huh? I guess I hadn't been fully happy for the last couple of years. "Thanks. I'm gonna go put my things away and I'll come down to make lunch?"

"Sure thing, sweetie."

She walked up stairs and turned right into her bedroom, tossing her bag onto her bed. Hermione pulled out her hair tie and let her hair tumble down over her shoulders. She stared at her reflection in the mirror. Light brown hair, hazelish-brown eyes, fairly pale skin and freckles that had scattered themselves across her nose and cheeks.

Hermione whipped around when she heard a sound at the window, pulling out her wand.

It's only an owl. Get a hold of yourself.

Six years had past since the war and sudden sounds stilled scared her. She walked to her window and pushed it open, letting the brown owl fly in.

"Hey there," she said as the owl dropped a small parcel on her bed and stuck its leg out, "There you go," she said, dropping a knut into the small leather pouch, "Thank you very much." She stroked the owl and it lightly nipped her finger before flying off again.

It was a small black box with a little tag tied to it.

Dear H. Granger,

I was actually going to give this to you since we were at Hogwarts but the time just didn't seem right - with all that was going on. But now I think it's time I gave it to you. Think of it as a token of promise because I promise that I'll always be there for you.

Love,
Draco M.

Hermione smiled to herself and opened the box to find a silver bracelet with a heart shaped charm with crystals crusting the edges attached to it and Malfoy & Granger was engraved into the silver. She smiled and put the bracelet on her left wrist and wasn't at all surprised when the bracelet fit perfectly. Tying her hair back up into a loose ponytail, she headed back downstairs to make lunch, deciding between an avocado salad with balsamic dressing and grilled salmon or pesto pasta with also a salad.

"Hey mum, what do you want for lunch?" She called as the neared the bottom of the stairs.

There was no answer.

Sometimes her mum slept in the afternoon but it was only one o'clock. She took out her wand and called again, "Mum?"

Silence.

"Dad?" She tried once more, panic creeping into her voice. She turned around into the living room and sucked in her breath when she saw her parents lying in the floor. Completely still.

"Hey, Hermione." A cold voice whispered out from behind her.

Hermione whipped around, "Astoria?"
Her boyfriend's ex-wife stood in front of her, a cruel smirk etched onto her beautiful face. "What did you do to them?"

"Oh nothing. Just a sleeping spell, it'll wear off in about five to six hours."

"What do you want? Draco said that you two ended on good terms."

"Oh yes, Draco." She twirled her hair around her finger, "Now, I believe you stole something from me."

Sorry that that took so long to update.