❁Chapter 1❁

Chapter 1

"You have too many feelings in that head of yours," Aubrey teased as she walked down the hall, Nora right by her side as her head fell into her hands, not exactly sure of where she was going, but Aubrey had a hold of her sulking best friend, just in case.

"I can't help it," Nora huffed, turning to Aubrey with a frown, her hand finding her hair and soon was she able to see where she was going, "I'm sulking!"

"How boring," Aubrey tutted, "now tell me, dear Nora, how was your summer?"

"Oh, the usual," Nora sighed, rolling her eyes as she smiled at some familiar faces, "horrible."

"You know, you can come to my house, it might not be better but at least we'd be together," Aubrey sighed, "of course, I'm still sorry that you can't come home for Christmas, but other than that, you are always welcome, you know that, right?"

"Yes, I know," Nora sighed, "but if I'm going to be miserable, whether it be with my parents, or yours, at least I can have my room and my records to drown it out if I go home, you know? And don't worry about Christmas, I'll sort something out!"

"Did you get any sleep last night, Nora?" asked Aubrey, frowning as she turned to the girl, "you look awfully tired."

"Because I am," she sighed, her head falling onto Aubrey's shoulder, "all I do is whine, and sulk and I'm sick of it, I tried to make myself feel better by writing in that diary I had when I was younger but it just made me realise how pathetic I am!"

"You are not pathetic for liking someone, Nora," Aubrey chuckled, shaking her head, "it's not like you can just switch off your feelings."

"Oh, but I wish I could," she grumbled, tightening her grip on the books in her hand, "every time I see the power couple of Hogwarts I wish to throw myself off of the astronomy tower."

"Oh please, they are third on the list of cutest couples," Aubrey scoffed, "Adria Hopkins and Sirius Black, an obvious first, Finnegan Wilson and Milo Bell, a definite second, and then Caden and Lily, but that is only because Peter Pettigrew pushed me in the black lake back in second year, and if he didn't then he and Thea Jenkins could come third, but no, they're way back at six."

"How odd that it's all of that group who have the cutest couples," Nora sighed, "oh, yes, forgot to tell you, Isaac Hall is studying with us tonight."

"Isaac, why?"

"Because I promised I'd help him with Divination."

"Oh, why do you still take that?" Aubrey groaned, "If I have to learn more about how you can see the future then I'll be the one jumping off the astronomy tower!"

"None of my girls will be jumping off of any tower!" A voice interrupted, an arm thrown over both Nora and Aubrey's shoulders and soon was Caden pushing his way into the middle of them, "now what has got you both looking for a rather painful death?"

"Divination," Nora spoke before Aubrey could utter a word, "I'm helping Isaac Hall study tonight, you know Isaac, right?"

"I've heard Adria talking about him before, friends with a girl that Remus fancies," Caden shrugged, "you know, you two have to come and hang out with us, they're all quite amazing, you'd love them!"

"I'll pass, you know how busy my schedule is," Nora teased, earning a roll of his eyes from Caden himself, "I think I speak for Aubrey when I say we don't want to intrude, it'd be awkward, don't you think?"

"No of course not!" Caden furiously shook his head, "I was with Lily the other night with the girls, and then the boys came over, as well as a few others and it was so fun, I ended up talking to everyone, although, don't know why but I don't think James Potter is too fond of me."