❁Chapter 47❁

Chapter 47

She was content, sleeping, the duvet pulled up to her chin, gripping it tightly, her hair sprawled over the pillow. Her dreams where filled with happiness, of her, of the boy she was on the fast track to love with, but not quite there yet, not for any particular reason other than the fact that she was scared to love someone, scared to be so vulnerable that she would give all of herself to someone, but she knew that at some point, she would have to admit it, have to admit to herself, and to him, that what she had thought multiple times was true.

The sunrise was slowly creeping over the horizon, the sky a painting, streaked with soft oranges, reds, yellows, even some purple, and a little bit of pink splattered over the blank canvas which wasn't so blank anymore. Summer clouds rolled by, floating contently over the home in which the girl slept. The morning was peaceful, the sky was a masterpiece on the summers morning in which Nora slept.

The birds chirped in the trees, singing the melodies of the morning, chirping songs to each other, waking for the day ahead, bringing in the sun with a peaceful tune to start the day ahead. In the room, just in front of Nora's lay Remus, awake on his bed with a letter in his hand, reading over it in a best attempt to start the day with a smile.

And merlin was he smiling.

Because the letter addressed to Remus was written by none other than Blair Kerr.

Downstairs in the cosy home stood Hope Lupin over the stove in the kitchen, cooking breakfast for the two teenagers who had yet to rise from their beds, pancakes cooking in the pan as she hummed tunes from the music she had heard Nora and Remus play on the TV, well, mostly Nora as she squealed in excitement when the band 'The Beatles' came on, seeing as they had already split up, but that didn't stop her from loving them with a passion.

She liked them a lot at the start of the year, she had heard a lot of their music to the point that she could sing every song easily, but with Adria's obsession with the band, Nora found herself liking them a whole lot more because of the girl that went on about them constantly, it was hard not to love them, and merlin she did.

Waking up to a peaceful house was something Nora wasn't sure she would get used to, usually in the mornings of her summer she could hear her parents arguing before her father went to work, seeing as her mother didn't have to leave for another two hours after him, so it was a shock when Nora's eyes fluttered open, a yawn escaping her lips from the rested sleep she had had.

Lyall had already left for work, completely silent until he bounded the stairs to see his wife which sent a wide smile onto his lips at the sight of her contently bustling around the kitchen, and soon did he move to her, his arms around her as she cooked, swaying with her softly in the kitchen, his head on her shoulder and his lips on her cheek as she prepared the cake mix earlier in the morning.

And soon did he turn her around, his hand on each side of her as his forehead rested against hers, and all he could hear in the back of his head was Remus if he ever caught them, "oh merlin can you wait until I leave?" the boy would say, shaking his head with disgust, but secretly, the boy was so thankful that his parents where in love, if he woke up to arguing, he thinks he'd go mad.

Lyall captured her lips before she could even speak, allowing the smile to erupt onto the beautiful woman's lips as she held her husband's face, breaking the kiss with a laugh, her beautiful eyes bright with delight as she stared back at him, a hand on his neck as she pulled him back into her lips, whispering, "I love you, have a good day at work."

And he nodded, stealing one last kiss, "I love you too, love, have a great day."

And he was gone for the day, all without making too much noise, no noise in which could wake Nora.