❁Chapter 12❁

[thanks for 1k omg🌸]

Chapter 12

"Heard you and James Potter are friends now," Aubrey sang as she sat in the tree house, a magazine resting on her legs as Nora sipped her chocolate milk, rolling her eyes as she watched the view of the Quidditch match with her binoculars, following James about the pitch as he scored goal after goal.

"We are friends," Nora shrugged, "he's rather lovely actually, makes sure Caden doesn't come near me and all."

"Oh, protective to?" Aubrey teased, giggling when Nora lifted her head to glare at her, "what the bloody hell are you doing anyway?"

"I'm watching the quidditch game," she shrugged, turning back to the game and ignoring Aubrey's gasp.

"Oh merlin, you are not, you're watching James!" Aubrey exclaimed, laughing as she pushed herself up, walking over to the small window where she could see the stadium, and rather small people flying around on brooms.

"Maybe I am, I felt terrible that I wasn't going to cheer him on," she shrugged, "and I know he was upset."

"Then let's go, it's barely started," Aubrey shrugged.

"No, I can't," Nora sighed, "Caden will be there, and every time he sees me without James, he makes a point to try and apologise."

"But James will be there, and if he sees him talking to you, then he'll do something after," Aubrey shrugged, "and besides, you don't need James to stick up for you, you're badass as hell, and my best friend, and if you don't want to talk to Caden then we sure as hell aren't going to!"

Nora sighed, sitting down the binoculars, she really did want to be there for James, wishing that she was able to cheer him on, and currently, she still had his scarf wrapped around her, he just couldn't see it. So, with a nod, Nora stood up, sending Aubrey a smile as she pulled on the girl's hand.

"How long does it take to get through the forest?" asked Nora as she jumped from the last step, linking arms with Aubrey, "I mean I want to support James, but do I really need to run?"

"We'll get there, come on, let's just walk at a fast pace," Aubrey giggle, pulling on Nora's arm as she pushed her way through the forest. The sound of the game was growing in volume as they walked further from the tree house, and Nora couldn't help but feel her bubbling excitement.

It was odd, the way James made her feel, she loved their friendship, she loved him, as weird as it was to think of, they had only, properly met at the start of the year, but she couldn't see herself without him in her life. She had promised that next summer he could go on her adventures with her, but she had a feeling that he thinks they'll be living it up in fancy hotels instead of sleeping on a train every other night.

"Oh, this is so exciting!" Aubrey grinned, clapping her hands, "I can imagine James stopping mid game to watch you."

"Oh yes, I'm completely sure that'll happen," Nora scoffed, rolling her eyes as they neared the stadium, seeing students walking in and out of the stands, Nora was sure they weren't too late, thankfully, "I wish I had a sign."

"Oh, wait, I have an idea!" Aubrey gasped, suddenly rummaging through her bag and pulling out a long sheet of parchment, she thrusted it into Nora's hands, bringing out her wand until it swiftly swiped across the page, and soon the sign read;

GO JAMES!!!!

"Lovely," Nora giggled, shaking her head as she carried the quickly made, makeshift sign, she gestured for Aubrey to hurry as she stumbled her way to the Hufflepuff stands, unsure if sitting in the Gryffindor stands would be too much, and soon had her and Aubrey pushed their way to the front, praising their short height for helping them out.