❁Chapter 39❁

Chapter 39

James felt terrible, it was safe to say, he had tried to apologise countless times to both Adria and Lily, and it finally worked, they finally accepted the apologies that spilled from his mouth, begging for them to forgive him, and thankfully they did.

He thought getting Lily to forgive him would be the hardest, seeing as the girl didn't like him in the first place but she was easy to forgive him, and he was terribly thankful.

The only thing was, was that Nora had avoided him for a painful amount of time, he knew he needed her, but he didn't realise how much until he didn't have her with him. He was waiting outside of her Defence against the dark arts class for her to leave, he needed to catch her before she avoided him again.

He missed her too much, he needed to tell her that he was sorry, that he knew what he did was wrong, that Lily had forgiven him. he was leaning against the wall, she wasn't talking to anyone, even Adria had said she hadn't seen anyone, but she was sure it wasn't just the encounter with James that was causing her to go into hiding.

That just worried James more.

He had tried talking to Aubrey, asking if she had seen her, and of course she had, Aubrey was her best friend, but like any best friend would, she didn't tell James where she was, nor what she was doing, or why she was avoiding everyone.

He almost sighed in relief when the first person walked out of the classroom, followed by the next, and soon did he wait, and wait, and wait for each person to stumble out of the classroom. He saw Remus, and Aubrey but no sign of Nora, he was giving up home as the crowd of people faltered.

But then he saw her exit the classroom, bags under her eyes and a frown on her lips, she looked as though she hadn't gotten any sleep, and well, she hadn't really, she was exhausted, and slightly cranky.

So, when James slipped his arm around her waist suddenly, pulling her into him and whispering in her ear that he was sorry, did she turn with a glare, only softening when she saw the sadness in his eyes and the flowers in his hand.

"James-"

"Nora," he whispered, pulling her closer, his hand gripping her side, his arm still around his waist, holding her tightly as her hands lay on his chest, a frown on her lips as he cupped her cheek, his thumb tracing over her lip softly, "baby, love."

"I think you're just listing off nicknames now," Nora whispered, leaning her head on his chest, intaking a breath of his scent, the one she had missed painfully, far too much, "everything just got to me, James, I'm not mad anymore."

"You're not?!" he asked, pulling back to look at her, seeing the small smile on her lips, and finally did the smile capture his lips, and soon did they find hers, forcefully, hungrily, grabbing the back of her head gently and pulling her as close as she could possibly be in the middle of the hallway, he didn't care, he just needed her.

"I hadn't seen you like that James, laughing at other people's humiliation, it was flat out bullying and I don't care about Snivellus, I hate him, really, but I love Lily, and the fact that she was upset, the fact that he called her a mudblood made me so angry, how dare he, how dare he say that, and the fact that Remus didn't help, when it's literally his job to do that, to help!" Nora exclaimed, shaking her head with sigh, "and Sirius and Peter where just edging you on and I love your pranks, I do, they're funny, and a lot of people laugh, I know that's why you do it, James, to make people laugh, but no one was laughing except from you and the boys, the crowd weren't laughing, neither was Severus, it was just cruel!"

"I'm sorry, Nora, I am, I feel terrible," James shook his head, a sigh tumbling from his lips, "Adria and Lily forgive me, I just couldn't find you I needed to find you, I've missed you so much, I knew I needed you, but I didn't know how much, and now I do, and it's bloody a lot!"