❁Chapter 46❁

Chapter 46

"Your house is lovely," Nora smiled widely as she exited the car with Remus at the other side, coming around and throwing his arm over her shoulder, a grin on his lips as he took in the home that he had missed terribly. It wasn't huge, it was rather small in fact, maybe an average size for a house just outside of a village.

It was two stories, with three bedrooms - which was lucky for them, they couldn't believe their luck - the garden was Hope's pride and joy, she decorated it perfectly, with bright flowers, "like your bright personality, love," Lyall would say as he would pass her working, a smile wide on his lips whilst he was heading to work and she would spend her time in the garden.

He'd wander over to her, cheeky grin and all decorating his lips as her laugh filled the garden, and as she lifted her head to talk to him would he catch her off guard with a sloppy kiss, her face in his hands, not a care in the world that his shoes where dirty from the mud around him, and that one moment spend with his wife would set him off for the day with the biggest smile, and the warmest heart.

"Want to see your room, Nora?" asked Remus, watching her head snap to him, mouth parted, eyes wide, thinking that he was joking, "course you do, come on!"

"W-wait," she stopped him, grabbed his arm to pull him back, "I have my own room?!"

"Course you do, it's your house too, now!" Remus grinned, finally pulling her along as Hope and Lyall watched with wide smiles adorned on their lips, hands holding each other's, sharing a look as they watched their son, he was never this happy when he came home, of course happy to see his family again, but this was different, he was brighter, he had his cousin with him now, summers would be funner.

"I can't believe it," she whispered, allowing him to pull her along, her eyes trailing over the multiple flowers that decorated the garden, roses of all colour, hydrangeas, Lilies, Daisies, tulips, sunflowers, there was everything, some flowers hadn't bloomed yet, and some where thriving, Nora couldn't wait to get pictures of everything with her camera, she was so excited for it, she was so excited for summer, for now.

Remus opened the door of the home, pulling Nora with him, and soon did warmth engulf them, even in the dull house was it emitting with warmth, and natural sunlight pouring through the windows into the open space of the living room that they walked into. Nora almost laughed at the difference between this home and her parents' home.

This one, whilst bright, airy, sunny, was homey, cosy, the fireplace was wide in the living room and around it where very comfortable looking couches, taking up most of the space in the living room, "mum likes lots of seats, for guests, y'know," Remus shrugged, shaking his head as he done so, "not like we have many people over though."

"It's wonderful," Nora whispered nonetheless, allowing Remus to pull her upstairs, knowing she could explore the rest of the house in time to come. She looked at the pictures framed on the wall leading upstairs, pictures of Remus when he was younger, and ones of Hope and Lyall.

She stopped as she walked, a picture caught her eye, it was her.

She was with Elijah, and a baby Remus, the three of them merely infants crowded together in the garden that Nora had just seen, it was lovely, beautiful, the three of them where clearly oblivious to the camera held by someone unknown, but they were smiling widely, happily, they were content in the company of each other.

"I didn't know it was you," whispered Remus as he stood beside her, leaning his arm on her head, but she didn't mind, she was too fixated on the picture, eyes glazed with tears, a smile on her lips, seeing Elijah, even as a baby, but seeing him, it had an effect on her, she missed him terribly, she knew that if he was here today, if he was her amidst the pain she had been through this year then he would have killed Caden with his bare hands.