❁Chapter 27❁

Chapter 27

He looked peaceful, content, lovely, to Nora, he was more, he was everything, he helped her, saved her, brought her here, he was incredible.

He was James Potter, the boy that she was on the fastest train to falling in love with.

She wanted to wake him solely for the fact that she wanted to talk to him, to hug him, to touch him, she was alone, lonely, Adria had left. She wanted James, she was sure he would be alright with her waking him up but he needed rest, he needed to sleep.

A sigh tumbled from her lips as she looked around the hospital wing, a few students scattered around, some in beds sleeping but most where getting small cuts or bruises healed quickly.

"Nora," her head snapped to James, her hand untangling from his messy hair as she watched him, wincing slightly as he moved his neck, a groan tumbling from his lips as he blinked away the sleepiness, "oh, love," he frowned, taking her head in her hands and stealing a kiss, forceful and passionate, a message to her transferred between his touch, begging that she was alright.

And she was alright, because he was with her, he was near her and there for her and if she didn't have him then she was sure she would've died, as dramatic as it sounded, it was also true.

It was alright to need someone in this world, and merlin they needed each other.

"How are you? how are you feeling? Are you hurting? Are you alright?" he asked, searching every part of her body for anything that could remotely hurt her, wincing at the number of bruises that littered her skin."

She reached for his hand, scooting over in the bed so that he could lie down, and soon did she wrap her arm around his waist, nuzzling her head into the warmth of his neck, "I'm alright now that I have you."

"I was so scared, Nora," he mumbled into her hair, kissing her head as he held her, "so bloody scared."

"I know, I'm sorr-"

"Don't even finish that, Nora," James cut her off, gently guiding her head to look at him, his eyes holding so much pain, and she was sure hers did too, "don't you dare say sorry for something that wasn't your fault, i-if I didn't walk out of the dorm, if I just stayed there and listened, and let you explain then you wouldn't have come after me, you would be alright."

"Don't say that James," she whispered, pushing herself up and pressing her lips to his softly, her heart jumping at the feeling, "don't you dare blame yourself for something, even if you weren't at the treehouse, Caden shouldn't have been either, it's his fault, we're blaming him or we're blaming no one."

"He'll pay for this, Nora," James frowned, gripping her hand, a sigh left her lips as she pushed herself up, situating herself between James' legs and letting her chin rest on his chest as she stared at him, "I don't care if a go to Azkaban."

"Neither do I," Nora grumbled, "if we kill him together we could share a cell?"

"Sounds like a plan," James whispered, a small smile attacking his lips as he ran his hand through her hair, his fingertips dancing along her scalp as she closed her eyes, allowing herself to be engulfed in the feeling, "do you want to tell me everything that happened?"

"Alright," Nora whispered after a few moments of silence, a shaky breath tumbling from her lips as she sat up, blatantly ignoring the pain that creeped through her body.

"I was looking for you when you left, I thought maybe that's where you would go because it wasn't in the school, so it would give you space," she muttered, shrugging her shoulders as she stared at him.