❁Chapter 45❁

Chapter 45

She could feel herself getting more and more nervous as she walked away from James, butterflies floating frantically around her stomach like they were furious, but in actual fact, she was just incredibly nervous. Her time with James' parents went well, amazing, actually, a perfect greeting, she really loved his parents already, she couldn't wait to see them again, seeing as she knew she would already visit James at some point just to see them.

She could feel her throat drying as she pushed herself through the people on the platform, she was alone. James was long from where she was, she couldn't see him through the multiple crowd, but she couldn't see Remus either, she was alone, terrified, she had to face her problems, problems that weren't exactly problems at all but she was still terrified, she feared the rejection of Remus' parents, she feared that she would have to get the train to Ireland, ignore her parents as she rushed to her room, crying about what could be, writing a letter to James to tell him the news, she was simply terrified, and now she was alone, like she would be if rejection happened.

But then suddenly, the crowd broke, she stumbled through, and there was Remus, a grin on his lips as he spotted his cousin, throwing his arm around her with a laugh as she made her way towards him, "you ready, Nora?" he asked, eyebrow raised as he saw how pale her face looked, wide eyed, Remus was sure she was shaking.

"You alright, Nora?" he asked, stopping as they walked, a frown on his lips, his head titled as he stared at her, "They're going to love you."

"Yeah everyone is saying that about a lot of people," she mumbled, a frown on her lips and her eyebrows knitted together.

"Because you're bloody brilliant Nora, a brilliant friend, a brilliant person, a brilliant cousin, you have helped so many people and you don't even realise it!" Remus exclaimed, stopping her as she walked, "my life as your cousin has gotten so much better, the fact that I have family at Hogwarts, and yes, the boys are my brothers, Adria is my sister, but it's not the same, you're truly my cousin, my family, a part of me, blood related, and honestly, I would never think of anyone better to have as my cousin than you!"

Nora smiled softly, wrapping her arms around Remus in a hug tightly, a puff of air escaping her lips as she tightened her grip on the boy, "thanks Remus," she mumbled softly, he really was the best cousin, it was shocking and unexpected that they were related but she wouldn't have it any other way, she couldn't imagine a life without Remus, not only was he her cousin, but also, he was one of her best friends, and she couldn't think of a better way to spend some of her summer than his house.

She just hoped his parents would like her.

She allowed Remus to guide her through the crowd, silent, unable to speak a word, Remus tried to talk at first as he walked with her, whilst finding his parents too, but he stopped when he realised she wasn't going to reply. Her eyes were on the crowd in front of her, locking onto each individual in her way for a few moments until they walked out of the way, she was so scared, so scared of the rejection that had a chance of happening, a chance of breaking her heart, breaking her in two.

But then she saw the woman, the woman that was her aunt, and she knew it was her aunt, it was so painfully obvious, she had the same features as her mother, but so much softer, kinder, brighter, her hair was ever so slightly lighter than her mothers, she had the same hair as the hufflepuff. Her eyes the same beautiful colour, but brightened ever so slightly when she saw the two teenagers in the crowd, she was so beautiful. Nora hadn't even reached her but she couldn't help the small smile twitching on her lips, the woman had that effect, it seemed, her smile was contagious, and Nora knew it.

Hope knew Nora instantly, as she stood with her son, she had stopped dead, it was though the space between hope and Nora cleared, Remus moved out of the way but Nora didn't follow, she was fixated on her aunt, her family. The young girl was gorgeous, beautiful, Hope was shocked, swelled with happiness, pride at her niece, she loved her, she had ever since the day she was born, the day after Remus, it was shocking, unexpected, but a miracle, it was a miracle that Remus and Nora found each other, fate.