❁Chapter 38❁

Chapter 38

"So, you and that Gryffindor," Nora giggled as she grabbed some more wood, she had been studying all morning to the point that if she looked at another word she was sure she was going to explode, so instead she gathered as many of her friends who felt the exact same way as she could which consisted of Aubrey, Blair and Arden, seeing as Blair and Arden weren't doing their exams this year, they were more than happy to help out with the tree house.

They were trying to get it done before summer so that they could furnish it properly when they got back, but with the added pressure of exams, it was getting harder and harder for them to complete it, currently, Nora was working on the last few steps, wondering if adding something that could act as a banister would be a much safer option.

"Hey, Nora," Blair called from the roof as she hammered in slats of wood, "you know how the stairs? Do you think we should add something beside them so that no one falls?"

"I was just thinking about that!" Nora gasped, grabbing onto the tree when she nearly fell, "we could add a plank of wood at the bottom and the top, and on the middle stair and have some rope?"

"Sounds like a plan," Aubrey nodded, grinning as she placed down plank of wood, bringing out her wand and aiming it at the wood, and soon was it halved in two.

"Now, Aubrey, you and Gryffindor," Nora smirked, sitting on the step she had just placed onto the tree, "details please."

"She's just a friend," Aubrey rolled her eyes, leaning on the would she had just halved, "besides, she likes someone else, well, she told me she liked someone, just not who."

"Uh, you!" Nora exclaimed, her arms flailing around, which would have been entirely safe had it not been for the hammer clutched in her hand, "you are so incredibly dense!"

"Oh please, Nora Robinson, you didn't know James fancied you when it was so incredibly obvious!" Aubrey scoffed, her eyebrow raised when she turned to meet Nora's glare with her own.

"She has a point!" Arden giggled, "all he did was think of you, merlin, he still bloody does."

Nora was aware of Arden's ability to read minds, which was extremely fascinating, she had to admit, it also wasn't surprising when Nora's cheeks heated considerably, running her hand through her hair as she pushed herself up, grabbing the other piece of wood that would act as a step from the one beside her.

"But then, all you do is think of him, so it's not surprising," Arden teased, winking at Nora as she turned to her.

"Oh, Benji sent me this really cute letter, oh did I tell you what Benji and I did at Christmas? Oh Benji, I love Benji, Benji's so cute!" Nora exclaimed, covering her mouth to stop her giggles when Arden threw a stick at her, glaring as she done so.

"Shut up, I don't go on about him that much," Arden scoffed, climbing down from the roof and into the structure of the tree house that was built across another tree.

"Oh please!" Blair laughed loudly, throwing her head back as she done so, "Arden, you go on about Benji more than Adria goes on about Sirius!"

"Wow, that's a lot!" Nora laughed, watching Arden's cheek heat up considerably.

"I just miss him, is all," Arden mumbled quietly, shrugging her shoulders.

"What's it like being away from him?" asked Nora, jumping down from the steps and over to the ladder able to take her up to the structure that Arden sat on, watching as she done so as Arden frowned.

"Painful," Arden muttered, a sigh tumbling from her lips as both Blair and Aubrey moved to her too, "that was the best Christmas of my life, and I've never not been able to read someone's mind, but it was like he just clouded my thoughts to the point that my own where the only ones in my mind, when he kissed me at the train station I was just, I don't know, I don't know how to explain it, I just want him, I wish he went to Hogwarts, I wish I didn't need to wait months until I'm able to see him again!"