❁Chapter 28❁

[A/N this chapter will contain scenes of violence and abuse, please don't read this if those particular subjects are sensitive to you, or make you uncomfortable!]

Chapter 28

The sun was peeking through the trees as Adria sat in her dormitory, her book that she was currently reading resting on her knees. She had just gotten back from visiting Nora, but she wanted to give her and Aubrey some space seeing as it would be the first-time Aubrey would be along with her.

Considering James hadn't left her sight.

"I hope you're happy!" Lily shrieked, stomping into the dormitory, her eyes wide, her hair messy, a glare shining in her eyes, "Caden is getting expelled!"

"I know," Adria nodded, looking up from her book, "which is a good thing, merlin, Lily, he forced himself onto Nora!"

"No, he didn't, Addy!" Lily exclaimed, running a hand through her hair, "she made it up, for attention, I don't know, I'm shocked, too, but Caden is innocent in all of this!"

"Innocent?!" Adria gasped, wide eyed, unable to help her mind from thinking of what else Caden had fed to Lily to make him seen as the victim, "if he is the innocent one then why is Nora in hospital?!"

"Because she fell, Adria!" Lily huffed, "she's framing Caden because she hates him!"

"You really think that Nora Robinson, Hufflepuff, Nora Robinson I might add, one of the loveliest girls in this school would really frame someone that she doesn't even want anything to do with?!" Adria shrieked, "he forced himself onto her, Lily, he was trying to kiss her, he kissed her neck, he was whispering awful things to he-"

"Stop it!" Lily screamed, furiously shaking her head, "just stop it!"

Adria expected Lily to walk away, to leave the dormitory, to stay mad, to confront Caden, do anything rather than what she done. But no, instead she sobbed, falling to the floor of the girl's dormitory, the sobs left her lips, meeting the tears that streamed suddenly from her eyes.

Adria pushed herself forward, gripping Lily in her arms, a sigh tumbled from her lips, running her hands through Lily's hair softly, "oh Lils," she whispered, wiping the girls tears as she allowed her to cry into her, "tell me what he told you, Lily."

"He told me that she was making it all up," Lily hiccupped, "and at first I didn't believe him, but he made me, he promised me, he said that she was just an attention seeker."

"Lily," Adria whispered, moving her head to stare at her best friend, "d-does Caden, well, um, does he hit you?"

Adria closed her eyes when Lily's sobs returned, her head falling onto Adria, she already knew the answer to the question she wished she never had to answer, and soon did Adria's eyes glaze with tears, spilling from her silently as she comforted Lily, comforted her best friend that she loved so much.

"Oh Lily," Adria whispered, tightening her grip on her, stroking her hair softly as the two sat on the floor, "oh merlin, Lils, tell me what he done, please, let me help you."

Lily sucked in a breath as she pulled away, furiously wiping her tears, and soon did she nod, pushing herself up and sitting on her bed, whilst Adria followed her lead, "he hadn't always been that way, violent, I mean, he was kind and loving and sweet, I was in his room one day, after the fight with Nora,"

-

"It's alright, Caden," Lily whispered, her hand on his cheek as she stared at him, a small smile lifting her lips as she stared at him, "Nora will understand, she will, she's your best friends!"