❁Chapter 8❁

Chapter 8

"Sorry," James grumbled as he fell onto the bench opposite of Nora at the Hufflepuff table, watching the girl as she casually read the book, occasionally lifting the spoon from the porridge on the table in front of her, and soon had her eyes lifted to meet his.

"Something tells me you're not so keen to apologise," Nora commented, "how many times are we actually going to apologise to each other, it seems like a lot, if I'm honest."

He gave her a look as he reached for an apple in the middle of the table, "do me a favour?"

She groaned, "what?"

"Quidditch try-outs are today, wanna come watch?" he asked, a smirk on his lips as he watched her nose scrunch up, "please?"

"Why?"

"I could use the support," he shrugged, "busy friends."

"So, you ask the barely acquaintance to tag along?" she teased, her eyebrow raised, "I don't know, it might cost you."

"Cost me?!" he repeated, "oh merlin, Nora."

"I'm only joking, when is it?" she asked.

"Now," he grinned sheepishly, "will you come?"

"I suppose," she tutted, watching curiously as he brought out something from the bag he had beside him, showing it to be a scarf decorated in red and gold, a Gryffindor scarf, "I'm not wearing that."

"Why not?!" he exclaimed, "you have to!"

"Oh really? Why do I have to?!" she grumbled, pinching the bridge of her nose, "you're bloody lucky I'm even coming," she sighed, pushing herself up from the table, grabbing her bag and moving in the direction of the door as James followed from the other side.

"Look," he sighed, stopping in front of her and letting the scarf fall around her neck, a grin on his lips as he kept hold of the ends, "it suits you, see!"

"Apparently, a lot of things do," she huffed, rolling her eyes as the familiar scent of James filled her nostrils, "fine, I'll wear it."

His grin widened as he lifted his hand, watching as she lazily lifted hers in a high five, "I'm going to complain the whole time, you know."

"I know," he chuckled, "but I'd rather someone be there, now come on!"

"You only want someone there so you can brag when it's over!" she scoffed, allowing him to pull her arm as she lazily followed behind.

"That might be partly true," he spoke, allowing her to catch up, "but also, after practice we could always plan more."

"Very true," she nodded, "I'm not so fond of Quidditch, I understand it, but it's just not my cup of tea."

"Maybe because you haven't seen a good game?" he winked, pulling her quickly in the direction of the pitch, taking long strides as she jogged to keep up her pace.

"Well, I'm sure it will be a while until I see one, then," she joked, watching him turn to her with a glare, which she met with a grin, "I'm only joking."

"You're joking a lot, apparently," he tutted.

They stumbled to a stop just next to the large quidditch pitch at the end of the trail, "so are you actually trying out because as far as I know, you are on the team?"

"Oh, keeping up with my life, are we?" asked James, his eyebrow raised as he watched her eyes narrow.

"Sorry, Mr Athlete, but it's just a known fact," Nora sighed, "I'm sure you just crave my attention."