❁Chapter 48❁

Chapter 48

"I can't believe you're here," Nora whispered, shaking her head in disbelief, her arms around James as they lay on her bed. Even after two days, Nora was still shocked that he was here, he didn't even get to see Remus so much as hug him as she gripped onto him, her arms around his waist always, her head on his chest taking in his scent, and his warmth, and the comfort he emitted, but he wasn't complaining in the slightest.

"I'm glad I'm here," James mumbled into her hair, pulling her closer, guiding her face to look at him, "oh merlin, Nora, seeing your face again," he shook his head, dropping his hand, he couldn't even think of the words to explain how ecstatic he was.

She cupped his cheek, pushing herself forward, her eyes closed as she savoured the feeling of her lips perfectly connecting with his, his hand on the bottom of her back, lifting up her shirt to trace his fingertips along the skin, creating goose bumps only he could.

She hummed in content, in happiness, her legs straddling his hips, pushing herself closer to him, dancing her fingers over his neck as his tongue slipped into her mouth, and soon did he roll them over so he was hovering over her, a squeal leaving her lips, her legs wrapped around his waist.

"I didn't know it was possible to miss someone as much as I missed you," James grumbled, pulling his lips from hers, trailing them down her jaw, almost biting her skin as he kissed her forcefully, gripping her tightly as he kissed her neck, sucking, biting, licking at the skin, hearing the moan ripple through the air just motivated him further.

Her head moved to the side, giving him more room, her legs tightening around him, her hand gripping his hair as she gasped, "James!"

He pushed his lips back onto hers, allowing her to pull his shirt over his head, her hands trailing over his bare torso, "I missed you so much," he mumbled against her lips, gripping her thighs, pulling her closer, "so much, baby."

"Oh merlin," she shook her head, biting his lip, pulling away ever so slightly to look him in the eye, staring for a few moments of silence, and soon did she whisper, "I missed you too, so much James, it was terrible, I love it here, it's perfect, and amazing, but oh merlin, I missed my home, I missed you."

His features softened, the lust left his eyes now swimming with love, his hand cupping her cheek, his thumb sweeping over her cheek bone as he pressed his lips to hers, but it was different this time, it was gentle, and sweet, and perfect, it made Nora's heart swell, it filled her with happiness, it was passionate in its own way.

It was nothing like their previous session, where they craved each other, needed each other, hungrily sharing kisses, sharing skin, gripping each other close, they had that, they did that, now they just wanted each other, to hear each other's voice, to speak, to lie there in each other's arms,

James pushed himself off of her, lying beside her, sitting up and pulling her onto him, allowing her head to lean on his shoulder, nuzzling into the warmth that he emitted, her lips pressing to his neck absentmindedly, completely different from what he had done to her. It wasn't rough, or full on, it was soft, gentle, barely their kisses that she always did, brushing the skin ever so slightly.

But somehow still able to drive him crazy.

"Are you excited for Paris, love?" asked James, panting slightly, calming himself down, they didn't do much, just kissed, just held each other, but he hadn't had it in weeks, he hadn't had her in weeks, it was a different kind of want they had.

"I am now," she nodded, reaching for his hand and intertwining their fingers together, "now that you're here."

"Why?" he asked, lifting her head, his eyebrows furrowed, confused.