{Droids} - Captain Rex

hey lovelies follow me on my twitter (@finnsrebel) or on my insta (@stormdameron) I'm on those accounts more often tbh

Word count : 958 words

requested by : @CT7567329 (:

You looked up at the tall troopers that surrounded you and your master, Anakin Skywalker. This wasn't your first time seeing them and you knew it wouldn't be your last. You admired the 501st legion for their resilience and their strength. What you admire most from them was their unwavering loyalty for you, your master, and the rest of the Republic.

"(Y/N), you and Rex will scout for this upcoming battle." You looked up at your master who mentioned you in his small briefing,"We need as much information about this terrain as possible."

"As you wish, Master." You nodded at him and he gave you a half smile. You looked over at Captain Rex who was already staring back at you. He had a stoic expression on his face which made it almost impossible for you to read,"Shall we go now?" You looked back to your master

"The sooner the better." With that, you bowed at your master and walked away from the encircling of men, Captain Rex soon following beside you.

You both walked silently beside each other, the sound of leaves crushing under your feet. You had your hand on your lightsaber while Rex walked normally with his helmet under his arm. Rex waited until you both were out of the eyesight of any trooper to reach over and take your hand in his, lacing your fingers together.

"You seem tense." He spoke up and you smiled softly at his concerned tone

"When am I not?" You responded, looking up at the trooper once more before refocusing on what you were assigned to do.

He let go of your hand once he knew that you were fine and you both continued to walk together, getting familiar with the terrain.

"Continue looking around, I have to go up higher." You told the tall man

He looked down at you with a raised eyebrow but didn't say anything to contradict your word. You were his commander after all," Just be careful, alright?"

"Of course, Captain Rex." You teased lightly before grabbing hold of a tree and climbing it easily.

Soon enough, you sat on the tallest branch, having a better view of the terrain around and the enemies advancing slowly but surely towards your army.

The tanks broke trees down in their wake and the animals were forced to rush off before being destroyed as well. The Separatists were rather cowardly, relying on droids to do their mess. You only hoped the war would end soon.

Nevertheless, as you looked down and watched Captain Rex, you secretly were fine that the war was extending how long it has already. It meant that you were around the clone the majority of the time and you had whichever excuse to talk to him, being his commander.

You softly smiled as you continued watching and admiring the trooper from a distance who tensed and drew his guns if he heard a change of sound. You continued on, going from tree to tree, being careful as to not fall. That would not only hurt but give away your position which would ultimately jeopardize the reason for the mission.

You blinked once when you heard your comm link ringing. You turned your attention away from the army and answered the link, watching as your Master appeared in the hologram not even seven inches high.

"(Y/n), have you and Rex found anything?" Anakin asked

"Yes Master." You watched as the Separatist droids marched on under you,"They'll be arriving most likely in three hours. Most likely 10 or 15 thousand droids. Would you like me to do anything, Master?"

He nodded thoughtfully as you spoke," When they pass by, attack them from behind. But quietly, (y/n). We still haven't gotten reinforcements from the Republic and I don't think the men could sustain such a hard hit."

"I understand, Master." You bowed your head.

He did the same and the hologram disappeared. You looked around and saw that Rex was nowhere to be found. You supposed that he rushed to hide somewhere in fear of the droids finding his location. You'd find him later.

You watched as the army trudged on and waited until the last line passed under you. You turned your lightsaber on and dropped from the branch you had been standing on. Standing behind the last droids, you slashed through them quietly, smiling softly when there was minimal sound.

The other droids carried on as if they didn't hear anything. You smirked softly, cutting through the lines of the droid army, row by row. Nevertheless, a droid's surprised shout gave your position away and a good part of the end of the army stopped and turned towards you.

You gritted your teeth and blocked the blasts shot at you from the droids, the shots bouncing back and hitting the droids square in the chest. They continued on marching towards you and you struggled on, knowing that you'd soon enough be overwhelmed.

Blaster shots sounded behind you and you were skeptical for a moment, wondering if droids managed to get behind you. Then again, droids wouldn't shoot other droids. Moreso, droids didn't have such a perfect aim.

You sneaked a peak behind you and almost sighed out in relief when Rex had appeared at the right time. He continued shooting at the droids as he provided a way for you to escape. You backed up slowly, deflecting the shots that the droids sent.

"Seemed you needed some help." Rex told you as you two walked back slowly, shoulder to shoulder

"I had it all under control." You scoffed

"Of course you did, sweetheart. We'll see if you'll have it under control the next time I save your butt."