Chapter 33

"Hey" he raises one side of his mouth in an unsure smile.

I barely raise my lips in appreciation of his presence before looking back at the screen, watching as the green download button moves slowly. Is it moving slower or do I just need it to go faster so I can get out of this small room? I can feel Harry's eyes on me as he takes a seat on the other side of the desk. We sit there for a minute, neither one of us saying anything and I quickly glance up to Harry who is now looking down at the flowers, his left leg slightly bouncing up and down with a shake which is usually my habit when I'm feeling nervous. I hope he doesn't expect me to talk first. He's the one who came in here so if anyone should start a conversation it should be him. The green colour finally reaches it's maximum point, a small message soon popping up saying message complete.

"Busy day today?" Harry speaks low, his voice barely audible, his head finally tilting up to look at me though I keep mine on the screen.

"A little" I say, ejecting the memory stick safely in case I lose all the information and have to start again.

"Oh" he says in response and I mentally role my eyes at him.

He needs to just spit whatever he is thinking out right now before I walk out of this room without another word. A few more moments pass and I almost give up on him though he finally starts talking just as I close the laptop shut.

"Ella wait, before you go I just... well, about this morning, I don't want you to take what I said the wrong way" he furrows his eyebrows a little as he tries to piece together the sentence on the spot.

"Take what the wrong way? What you said about not knowing what's going on between us or about me not being fired?" I say calmly.

"Both"

"Well I guess I shouln't be worried since all the other women you've mucked around with in the company haven't been fired. So why should I be any different right"

"I didn't mean it like that Ella" he shakes his head disagreeing with me.

"Well if you didn't mean it like that then what else am I suppose to take from it? You don't exactly want to say we're together and you talk as if I'm like all the other girls so if we we're not just mucking about then what are we doing exactly? Cause it seems to me like that's all this is to you Harry" I say a little flustered, finally letting out what I had wanted to say, no scream, at him all morning.

"No not at all" he says a little frustrated, his grip on the flowers increasing as if he is trying to strangle them, though he soon relaxes and lets out a small sigh of defeat.

"Ella you mean far more to me than any of those girls, or any girl for that matter. And I don't want you to compare yourself to them ever because they meant nothing to me. And I know that sounds horrible but they didn't. You mean more to me than any- argh god I don't know..." He loses his speech, sighing in frustration.

I don't know how I feel about what he's saying. I want him to finish his sentence but he just hangs his head low in defeat. Of course I'm happy he doesn't think of me as just another one of those girls but that still doesn't exactly explain what we are.

"You don't want to be with me do you" I say quietly, tangling my fingers as I sort of had a feeling this is what it would come to.

Harry has never been one for relationships, he just doesn't want to commit to anything like that. So I guess he doesn't want to commit to me either.

"No! No Ella please don't think that" he says quickly, placing the items on desk before walking around to me.

"Then what do you want Harry?" I ask, rolling the chair back away slightly to try and distance myself from him.