Chapter 82

"You're here!" Jodi beams, pulling me straight into a hug once I've closed the door behind me. "I've missed you chick".

"I've missed you too" I say once we finally let go, allowing me to take a small step back to look at the bride to be.

"Jodi you look stunning" I say, my eyes widening at the beautiful white dress. "Zac is going to flip".

"Er thank you" she says giving me a look of nervousness.

"How are you feeling?" I smile at her as I can tell she's absolutely freaking out which I guess anyone would be.

This is the moment she's been waiting for her whole life, and it's finally here.

"I'm scared" she says with a sarcastic frightened look.

"Scared? That doesn't sound like the Jodi I know" I frown at her suspiciously which makes her freak out even more.

"I know! I'm bloody sweating like a hooker in church right now!" she says a little panicked and we both laugh before a small knock interrupts us at the door.

"Who is it?" Jodi calls out.

"It's Harry" he replies and I feel my stomach drop for the hundredth time today.

"Come in"

He slowly opens the door but I look away before I meet eyes with him, looking towards Jodi's dress now as if it's simplicity is suddenly covered in detailing I must look at.

"Wow Jodi, you look gorgeous" he says, genuinely shocked as he walks into the room after closing the door behind him.

"Thanks" she smiles anxiously and I give her one back for support.

Suddenly I feel a pair of eyes on me though I don't dare look. Instead, I turn away and walk over to a small table that has her veil on it.

It's very simple and delicate with a thin flower lace at the bottom to match her elegant dress. I'm surprised really at her style of dress. I thought she would go all out and have a dress bedazzled in jewels or something but instead as opted for a simple chiffon dress with a low back and thin straps. The colour is more of an ivory making it easy to look at, rather than a harsh, bright white that would be blinding as she walked down the aisle. It's perfect.

"Anything else you needed or wanted in particular Harry or..." Jodi asks after a few moments of an awkward silence looming throughout the room.

"Oh erm yeah you have two minutes" he says, and I can just picture him shaking his head as if he had forgotten his main purpose for coming in in the first place.

"Oh gosh okay uh do I look okay?" she asks hurriedly and I turn around to see her panicked face.

"You look beautiful. Doesn't she Harry" I say, turning to him finally for confirmation and distraction as I already feel his eyes watching me.

"Yeah she does" he says quietly, not even glancing at Jodi once but instead keeps his eyes on me.

"Okay umm... veil, I need the veil" she orders and I quickly get it for her, noticing her anxiety climbing fast.

"Here" I say, pushing the clip gently into her hair that has half pulled back before draping down into lose curls with the rest of her hair. "Perfect" I say and she lets out a small sigh.

"Your dads ready, he's just outside" Harry says, nearing closer to the door.

"Thanks Harry" she says, grabbing her bouquet of flowers and shifting her dress around a little.

"I'll see you out there. You look beautiful" I say giving her one last hug before stepping away.

"Thank you Ella. I saved a seat for you up the front. Harry can show you where it is" she says and I give her a small nod even though I'd much rather find the seat myself.