Chapter 60

Ellas POV:

"Harry are you ready?" I call from the bathroom as I place the second small diamond stud into my ear before ruffling my loosely curled hair around my shoulders.

As I stare in the mirror I can still see the tired bags under my eyes that I tried to cover up with makeup though I doubt I did a good job of it. Harry's dad is coming home tomorrow and it feels like I haven't rested at all since we visited him in the hospital. Harry and I didn't go back to see him. It was hard enough getting Harry to finally speak to me let alone get him back to the place.

"Ready" he finally answers, leaning against the bathroom door frame, his hand shoved deep into his black jeans pocket which goes well with his crisp white dress shirt.

"You look handsome" I smile at him shyly in the mirror even though I really want to say he looks too friken hot to be my boyfriend! The two top buttons of his shirt are undone, revealing his tanned inked skin and I just know my subconscious is drooling at the sight of him.

Pull yourself together Ella!

He stands up straight from the door frame and slowly walks over to me, his hooded eyes never leaving mine. He wraps his arms around me from behind and rests his chin on my shoulder before moving his lips closer to mine.

"And you look as beautiful as ever Ella" he says kissing my cheek, making me blush instantly.

I'm not really wearing anything spectacular. Apparently it's a very formal engagement dinner so I decided to go with a dark fitted maroon, knee length dress with stockings and a tailored black jacket as it is freezing outside. My hair is in long loose curls and my feet are now in high black heeled boots.I found these while shopping with Jodi in France. The heel is skinny and high yet somehow they are the most comfortable pair of heels I have ever worn.

"Are you sure you want to go out? We don't have to if you don't feel up for it" I say turning away from the mirror to face him properly.

He keeps his hand on my waist and I wrap my arms around the back of his neck, playing with a few curls as I stare into his tired eyes.

"Can you imagine what Jodi would do to us if we didn't show up to her stupid engagement party"

"Hey! It's not stupid" I narrow my eyes at him, "It's your two best friends"

"I'm kidding" he says giving me a gentle kiss and turning away.

"But it would be better if it was ours" he barely mumbles as he walks out the room.

What?

-

The dinner is in full swing when we arrive. It is located on the second floor of a bar though upstairs is much more quiet and classy. There's a few seated booths and 2 big long tables that hold at least 20 people on each. All covered in all silver and white decorations though no one is sitting down yet. Everyone is still mingling around talking while champagne and small platters are being carried around by waiters. From among the busy crowed I spot a pair of blue eyes that lock with mine the moment I see hers.

"Ella!" Jodi trills, immediately brushing past people as she quickly makes her way to Harry and I.

"You guys made it!" she smiles as she gives me a hug though Harry doesn't let go of my hand so I can only embrace her with one of my own.

"This set up is beautiful" I say, taking a glance behind her at the dimly lit area.

"Thank you so much. Harry how are you?" she says embracing Harry with a much more serious tone.