Chapter 68

I just wanted to quickly clarify I am a girl lol. I saw in some comments people are like "omg is the author a guy". The answer is no, I'm not a guy. I am 100% female. Thanks and enjoy lol xx

-

Ella's POV:

As if my heart couldn't beat any faster, I'm now on the verge of hyperventilating. I've never, ever been in a situation like this before and I have no idea what to do.

"Hi" I say quietly, hesitantly walking a little closer to him, "What are you doing?"

Dan looks back out over the parking lot with a thoughtful look while I fold my arms across my chest and wait for him to answer. Praying for him to answer instead of taking the leap. Maybe if I talk to him long enough and keep him occupied, whoever Mr Styles sends will get here in time to do something.

"I don't know. Thinking about things I guess" he says quietly, each word airy and lifeless.

"Oh" I say, moving closer but I stop when he turns and looks at the distance between us. I'm guessing he doesn't want me too close then.

It's silent for a few moments, Dan remains calmly seated on the thin railing while looking bored out at the long stretch of London and I can't help but wonder what in the world got him to this place. It can't have just been the job, but of course he did mention that as being part of it. I don't want to push him too far that he doesn't want to talk anymore.

"I read your letter" I say in hope that he will explain further but he doesn't, not even a flinch. Is he even listening right now? Oh well, I guess if I just keep talking he might eventually engage in conversation.

"It was nice what you did" I continue and he moves his head a little as if he wants to listen a little "Sticking up for me I mean. I watched the video and you were really sweet"

"Hmm.." he mumbles while turning away from me once again, "But your still going to be with him aren't you?"

I take another step forward so I am over looking the busy streets of London too though I'm at least a metre and a half away from him. I take a deep breath in, not knowing how to answer. I think I should be honest. Lying has never gotten me anywhere nor did my mother ever tell me speak what is not true, so why do it now. Only, I don't even know the truth myself.

"I don't know" I say honestly and Dan makes a little noise as if he knew that was going to be my answer.

What did expect me to say? I really don't know what to make of all this. Harry and I have been fighting a lot recently and I can't help but feel it's endless because of that one shadowed memory always following us around, Vanessa. If he can't let that go, how is he supposed to move on? How are we supposed to move on? And then to top it all off this video comes up. I know it's in the past but it still hurts like hell to know he thought this and does make me feel insecure about myself, especially my body which he has seen plenty of times.

"What?" I ask bravely, a little scared he might get angry at me for challenging him right now but I want to know what he's thinking.

"I don't know" he shrugs, repeating my words and I let out a long breath.

"Do you want to go inside?" I ask, the cold air whipping my brown hair across my face and Dan shakes his head.

He's not really giving me much to run with here is he...

"How's your Aunt?" I ask randomly, having never talked about her before only in passing conversation about him living with her for a while.

"Who cares. She's a lunatic" he scoffs before lifting one of his hands away from the rail and I'm shocked when I see he has a bottle of Whiskey.