Chapter 75

I walk back and forth between the kitchen and lounge as I continuously dial Harry's number but yet again, I'm met with his voice mail. At least it's ringing. That's a little bit of hope right? He's not exactly pressing ignore.

I try his number again and much to my positive thinking, it finally goes straight to voice mail with only one single ring beforehand. Crap. Okay now he's ignoring me...

I lean down on the bench, my head in my hands as I let the last few tears fall down my cheeks before I'm soon overcome with anger. Anger for the sneaky coward of a man who has done this.

Dan.

I dial the number of his clinic, angrily awaiting an answer as I contemplate what I'm going to say and do to him. I actually befriended this guy and helped him in his most difficult time and then he goes and does this. I understand I turned him down a few times but that doesn't mean he had to go ruin things for me when all I wanted to do was help. He's a shit "friend", a two faced liar and a prick for doing this to not only me, but to Harry.

When the woman on the other end finally picks up I feel my entire body tensing.

"Hi Marie, its Ella here. I was just wondering if you could put me through to Dan" I try and ask as sweetly as possible even though my blood is absolutely boiling.

"Oh hello Ella" she responds cheerfully, "I'm sorry dear but phone calls have been restricted until next Wednesday"

"It's sort of an emergency. If I could just speak to him for 2 minutes..."

"I'm sorry love, I can't. Dan has specifically told me he doesn't want to take any phone calls, private visits only"

That bastard! He wants to do this face to face. Fine.

"I could give him a message from you if you like?" She asks trying to help me further.

I have always liked Marie. A lot of the employees there are just numb robots but she's one of the few who are actually happy to be helping the patients there. And lord knows Dan needs that help, especially once I'm through with his crazy, deluded arse!

"Just tell him I look forward to my next visit" I say with gritted teeth and hope it didn't come off as too angry.

"Will do, I'll see you in a few days Ella"

"Thanks Marie" I fake a smile even though she can't see me but hope is translates through my voice.

Few more days to wait, I can do that. At least it will give me time to sort things with Harry. Maybe he can come to the clinic with me and we can both kill Dan.

I know I'm only thinking in the heat of the moment right now but I feel so damn stupid for helping him in the first place. If I had just stayed away from him like Harry had said then none of this would have happened.

I try Harry's number once more whilst grabbing my keys but again I'm ignored. Guess I'll have to go find him myself.

It doesn't take me long to get to his house though his car isn't here which isn't a promising sign.

"Hello Ella" Louise answers the door with a welcoming smile and I try to imitate it though I don't think it comes across as well.

"Hi Louise, is Harry here?" I ask in hope, slightly looking behind her to see if I can catch a glimpse of his dark hair moping around in the back.

"No love. He left a while ago" she responds while shaking her head.

"Do you know where he went?"

"No. He didn't say a word when he came in. Just grabbed his keys and left" she frowns a little as if his behaviour is a little unusual though I don't blame her.