Chapter 51

Ella's POV:

The walk to Mr Styles office is long and daunting. The hallway is too short of a walk in comparison to the amount of time I need to muster up the strength before I do this. I hold the paper tightly in my hand, nervousness, regret, uncertainty and most of all guilt run through me as I near his office door with my resignation letter.

I don't want to do this but I know it's for the better. It's only Tuesday and I'm already scared of seeing Harry walk through the doors of his dads office. Mr Styles didn't come into work yesterday and I have no idea why, but I know I don't want to work here with the fear of having to face Harry. If anything I hope never to see him again. And even though I don't have a back up job lined up I do have enough money to live in the apartment I put a deposit on yesterday for at least a few months. It's a small place but it's nice and is right in the heart of the city. I don't have any furnishings, not even a bed, but I don't care. I can't stay with Zac and Jodi forever and I'm definitely not going back to that house. I know he will be there and I don't think I can take any more from him. I basically told him I was in love with him and all he did was act as if I was being a complete idiot for doing so. I guess he's right though. I am the idiot who fell in love with a boy who will never love me back. The boy who slept with my best friend while playing petty little kissing games with me. He knew how I felt about him, I told him that night, and yet he still didn't care. I wouldn't be surprised if this whole "relationship" thing has been a filler for him. A filler until he finds a new girl he wants to play around with.

I feel sick to my stomach as I finally reach Mr Styles door, knocking on it a few times before he calls out to let me in.

I step into his office, a hesitant smile on my face as my hands start shaking nervously, so I place them behind my back, hiding the paper from his view as I take a seat in front of his desk.

"Good morning Ella" he says in a somber tone and I already feel on edge as I know he heard Harry and I arguing in the weekend and no doubt he will want to know what's going on.

"Morning Mr Styles" I try and sound chirpy though I can tell by his face he doesn't believe it for one second.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine" I shrug as if it's true, "How are you?"

"Not so good" he says honestly and I can't help the saddened expression that makes its way across my face.

I still can't believe he is really going through this.

"Oh you have more news from the doctor" I say quietly, already regretting my decision to quit.

I can't do this to him. I can't leave him when he needs me the most.

"Yes, but it's not that. It's Harry" he says and I feel a pain in my stomach at the mention of his name.

I don't reply to him as I don't really want know so instead I stay quiet and allow him to say what he wishes to share.

"I know you don't want to hear this Ella but he's hasn't stopped drinking for the past three days and he's breaking nearly everything in your-... sorry the back house" he says looking at me with regretful eyes, obviously wishing he could take back the fact that I now know he's been destroying the house that was apparently designed to be perfect for me.

"So he's still mad about the news huh?" I state the obvious as I don't know what else to say.

I don't want to tell Mr Styles that I'm upset about him destroying something I use to think was so special to me, and I don't want to tell him that I will be willing to help. Because deep down I want to help, not for Harry but for Mr Styles. Harry's behaviour will only be putting more stress on him but I can't put myself out there for him again. If I help him again, I know I will feel sorry for him when he's the one who should be apologizing. I did nothing wrong. I tried to be there for him and support him through this but he just pushed me away in the most nasty way possible. He yelled saying I was the liar hiding secrets when he was the one that slept with my best friend behind my back and never told me. Talk about a double standard.