20| The War Declared

Chapter 20: The War Declared

💚Zoe's P.O.V

"Are you okay?"

I looked up from my desk to see Eliki looking at me with a frown. If I weren't in such a bad mood, I would've laughed at her expression.

"I'm fucking ecstatic," I lied, offering her a warm smile which I hope is believable.

She glanced at our chemisty teacher who was busily explaining the topic that my angry mind couldn't seem to grasp.

She turned back to me, satisfied that he didn't notice the two of us talking at his discussion. She bowed her head down before moving closer to me.

"The way you grasp your pen seems to tell me otherwise." She pointed out, lowering her voice.

I glanced at my hand and was surprised to see my hand gripping my pen tightly. My grip was really tight that you could see my knuckles turning white.

I immediately let go of the pen. The loud sound of it hitting the desk harshly made me wince but thankfully, the teacher didn't notice.

I lifted my hand in a signal that says wait. My eyes followed the clock that was ticking.

As the long one hit twelve, The familiar sound of the bell rang. I stood up, turning to Eliki.

"Let's make a short trip at my locker." I said moodily, stuffing all my stuff in my bag.

Eliki knows that I'd tell her there which earned a nod from her before she quietly stood up and followed me out of the door.

The hallway was crowded and almost everyone snapped their attention to me when they noticed me walking by and started talking in hush tones.

Eliki noticed it and grew confused but not before glaring at them that made them withdraw their eyes.

I punched in my locker code completely annoyed before taking my chemistry book and putting it back in my locker.

Eliki's hand touched my hand, making me pause. I turned to her with a heavy sigh and a pissed off face.

"It was Jane Due." I said, my brows furrowing as I was reminded of the events.

*F L A S H B A C K S*

My head bobbed up and down, the beat of the music blasting through the earphones made my mood even more good.

And considering the fact that I ate maltesers for breakfast this morning really really peaked my mood.

Unhealthy?

I think not.

"Kiki, do you love me? Are you riding? Say you'll never ever leave from beside me," I sang softly, fixing my books one more time before closing my locker shut.

I jumped in surprised when I was greeted by the smiling face of Jane Due and her gang.

Jane Due is one of the populars here in our school. She's not your typical cheerleader and instead is the leader of our dance crew.

She was gifted with stunning features, not surprised there since she has latin blood running through her veins.

She's actually not that bitchy since she talks to everyone even from the people on the lower ladder.

One thing that you should watch out is the fact that she's completely infatuated with Tyrone Adler eversince he stepped foot at our school door and when you mess with him, you automatically earned yourself a death wish from her.