21| Full of surprises

Chapter 21: Full of Surprises

Edited: 2/8/21

💚Zoe's P.O.V

He was walking surprisingly fast for someone who had such injuries and even with the height of 5'6, It was hard for me to catch up with his stride.

He was heading at the back area of the school where the garden was located and vacant of any existence.

"Why are you following me?" He said, not giving a backward glance.

"I-who did that to you?" I asked, going straight to the point.

He ignored me, slamming the backdoor with force at my face. I couldn't help but huff and procedeed to follow him out.

"Stop avoiding the question and answer me," I continued, taking a hold of his arm.

He flinched before pulling his arm from my grasp,"Just stay away from me," He snapped harshly, before turning around.

I rolled my eyes, not even scared of him. He looked like death and if my suspicions were correct, it was because of me.

I took a hold of his arm with a sigh."Please tell me. I promise I won't tell a soul." I softly said, my eyes meeting his.

He looked at me for a minute before giving me a hesistant nod. I pulled my hand away from, smiling softly.

"I'm sorry for hurting you." He started off, scratching the back of his neck.

I opened my mouth a few times, somehow surprised that he apologized without looking like a cocky bitch.

"Just," I smiled, not wanting to hold a grudge."Make sure not to do to other girls again. I'd kick your ass if I ever find out."

Anger is something that easily taints the goodness within us and holding unto it can be toxic.

Learning to admit your mistake is hard since we're humans after all and it takes courage to apologize.

All of us have our own pieces of goodness stored. Some outweigh the evil and some do not but forgiveness is something we should not deny to others.

He grimaced,"I'm truly sorry. I-I didn't mean to scare or hurt you. You just really looked pretty and I didn't know how to approach you." He admitted, turning red.

I chuckled lightly,"You seriously need to take a few lessons on how to lowkey approach a girl." I teased, trying to lighten up the mood.

He tried to roll his eyes but obviously failed because of his black eye. Up close, I felt a grimace form on my lips at how painful his bruises looked.

"Answer my question." I ask, looking up to meet his eyes."Who did this?"

He stared at my pleading face and caved.
"I-just don't get mad okay?" He replied, a hesitant look on his face.

I felt my lip purse basically catching on where this was going but I nodded anyways since I'm sure it hurts his pride to actually say it out loud.

"I was actually on my way to your house and apologize yesterday but I got jumped on the way." His eyes glazed for a moment."It was Adler's friends who did this." He revealed, gauging my reaction.