44| Uh Oh

A/N: 5 more chapters to goo!🥳Happy reading my loves! Remember that you are beautiful, you are loved, you are you!💚

Zoe's P.O.V

"D-Did you bring it Zoe? Did you?" I couldn't help but let out a laugh at the excited look that greeted me once the door was open.

It's been two days since I've been nursing him to health and he's finally recovered from his cold. Although he still has a cough, it wasn't as bad as before.

I opened the bag that I had and took out Grump'y shampoo, handing it to him. He ket out an excited cheer, making Aron roll his eyes.

Casper has completely warmed up to me and it was honestly a warm feeling. He was so sweet and he even wanted to meet Neo and Peggy.

He's been wanting to give Grumpy a bath and although I told him it wasn't easy, the little guy puffed out his chest and said he can handle it as long as we assist him.

Aron ushered me in, closing the door with the double locks. I took my shoes off and walked towards the couch, placing my bag there.

"Are you sure he can do it?" I turned to glance at Aron, my brows furrowing.

"Of course, he can. Grumpy loves bath but the problem is he loves the water too much and wouldn't leave afterwards." I told him truthfully, making him widened his eyes.

"He doesn't hate water? I heard dogs are a pain in the a-butt when given their baths." He glanced at where Grumpy and Casper was.

He was once again massaging grumpy's rolls and talking animatedly from him. I was reminded by the fact that he didn't have friends because of his stutter and it made me even more sad.

Children can be really cruel these days.

"He loves water. I think Tyrone made him sleep on the bathroom once when he threw a tantrum and then, he just learned to love it." I shrugged, pushing my braids back.

I mentally facepalm at the mention of Tyrone. I didn't know if Aron was comfortable talking about him, although I haven't try to ask him before.

"What's for lunch? Don't tell me you haven't started cooking." I changed the topic, making my way towards the kitchen.

The asshole in fact, didn't cook and waited for me. I threw him a glare and smacked him on the arm making him yelp.

"Why are you hitting? You are a more suited cook that I am." He defended, moving away from him.

I rolled my eyes, knowing that I have no choice. I called Casper, waiting for him to come bounding at the foyer.

"What do you want to have for lunch?" I ask him, walking up to the fridge.

"Can-n you do Mac and Cheese?" He hesitantly asks, pushing a stray curl away from his face.

I nodded."Coming right up Casp. We'll give Grumpy a bath after lunch, okay?" I smiled, glancing at Aron who took the pasta from the one of the cabinets.

He beamed, his toothy smile on view."O-Okay. T-Thank you Zoe!" He dashed out of the kitchen, his giggles following him.

I started preparing the ingredients but there wasn't much to prepare, I took the cheese out and handed it to Aron.

"Shred the cheese asshole. I'm not doing this alone." I told him, making him pout.

"Fine." He grumbled.

I already knew where the pans were and started to fill it with water for the pasta. A silence settled on us while I waited for the water to boil when he broke it.