31| The Twist

Zoe's P.O.V

"Good morning class!"

The rest of the class greeted Mr. John who gave us a toothy grin in response. The girls sighed dreamily at this, me on the other hand merely rolled my eyes.

The seat beside me was empty, a certain bad boy did not show up in class. Again.

"Today's a good day isn't it?" Mr. John said, eyeing a few of us with the smile still on his lips.

"Get on with it!" One of the students exclaimed, earning a laugh from the class.

Mr. John chuckled,"Well, winter break is coming and I won't end the year without a bang hence why, drum rolls please," He turned to a few guys who immediately started tapping on the desk.

"We're going on a camp!" He exclaimed, raising his hands up in excitement.

The class erupted with cheers and yells, I couldn't stop the giggle that left my lips when one of the jocks started to twerk.

"I'm happy that you're all as excited as I am. Hence why, I added a little plot twist on our our camp."

And just like that, the room went completely silent at his words.

I bit my lip, hard. The weary expressions on all their faces made everything so funny and I tried hard to stop the laughter that was bubbling in me.

"The Puppy Camp. That's what we're going to call it. I know you've all been bonding with your puppies and this is the time to prove it to me, not only with your puppies but supposed to be husbands too. This will be a three day competition and would basically cover half the percentage of your grades. So better think twice in trying to get out of this," He said, offering us a dark smirk.

"Now, the date hasn't been set yet but I'm gonna give you the slip for your parent's consent." Mr. John explained, taking a stack of papers out of his folders before handing it to the front.

My phone buzzed and I discreetly glanced at Mr. John before taking a look at my phone. It was a message sent by Eliki and I couldn't stop the disappointment that flooded in me.

From: EliBoo
I badly need a skipping session. Go with me please? :((

I felt a frown slip on my face at the message. I glanced at Eli to see her already looking at me, a puppy look on her face.

I gave her a small nod in reply. I wasn't exactly a good girl but I've skipped classes a few times, although I try to avoid it because my fear of getting caught usually gets the best of me.

Mr. John dismissed us all early and the students rushed out in excitement. I made my way towards Eliki who was fixing her things, My. John called my name before beckoning me closer to his desk.

"Yes sir?" I asked, my hand fiddling on my phone out of habit.

He gave me a dashing smile,"How are you?" He asked, earning a confused look from me.

"I'm good sir. Although I know that's not what you're meaning to ask me. What is it sir?" I said, cutting straight to the chase but still lowkey being polite.

"How are things going on between you and Mr. Adler?" A mischievous look graced his face, not even surprised by my outburst.

At the mention of Tyrone and I in the same sentence made me blush and I mentally patted myself for, once again, using foundation today.