Chapter 14

-=Libra=-

While I was in Mrs.Fitz's class, my thoughts wander around.

Ever since I mentioned what they were going to say, they blew it off, though it looked like it stuck to everybody's head.

I just remembered an urgent call from Aquarius. She couldn't talk about it over the phone; Ophiuchus could've hacked his way into the conversation, or the government could've listened to it, causing some serious problems.

And the zodiacs couldn't remember what it was. It was weird, having all of us forget- even Capricorn, who wasn't even drunk in the first place.

It was if someone had wiped our memories on purpose, but that was impossible. It required
high and complicated magic. Not even all of the constellations together would be able to do it.

And, if Ophiuchus did have something to do with it, then, they were dealing with an opponent bigger than the whole celestial world!

These thoughts run through my head the whole period, making my head hurt.

***

The next day...

"Okay class," Mrs.Fitz's high-pitched voice fills the room. "Today we're taking a test on the lessons we've been covering the whole week."

She then hands out the double-paged test, all filled with questions I don't have the answer to.

It was weird, suddenly caring about what grade I would get on this test, when there were so many more things to worry about.

So, I just guessed the whole entire test. Was it really my fault not paying attention to American history and deal with bigger issues at hand?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Near the last few minutes of class, Mrs.Fitz and her ungodly speed passes out the tests we just took.

I swear this teacher has no life.

But I don't, either.

I can't help but fear of the grades that lay ahead of me. Stupid, right? To care about human grades, rather than the third world problems I could be solving right now.

Mrs.Fitz smacks down my test paper with a big red 'F' on the top right. And the bottom of that was a message that said 'TALK TO ME AFTER CLASS >:('.

My eyes widen.

I mean, sure, I didn't pay attention to class, didn't take any notes, having thoughts about unrelated things to this test, but come on! I didn't do that bad!

The bell rang, and the class got up to their next class. I, however, had to get up and walk towards Mrs.Fitz's reddening face.

"You failed," she said in an unusually calm voice.

Something inside of me snapped.

"LIKE YOUR DAD'S CO-"

***

And that, my friends, is how you get yourself detention.

I'll admit, I was nervous the whole day about it, but it wasn't as bad as I thought.

I plop down on a chair, swinging my backpack on the floor.