Chapter 17

Thank you so much for 5,000 reads!

-=Virgo=-

"Hey, Virgo!" Wade comes up to me after school.

"Hello," I say.

"Wanna hang out?"

"Why?"

"What, I can't hang out with my own friend without her questioning me?" he puts his hand over his chest, face looking hurt.

"I mean- it's fine," I try to comfort, though I know he was faking it.

"Great! Let's go to my house!" he reaches for my hand, but I swipe it out of his grasp.

"Your house?" I ask for confirmation, remembering the lecture Leo gave us yesterday.

*cue flashback starting music and wavy screen transition*

"Guys, Ophuichus is out there; alive." Leo glances us individually.

"So we need to put our guard up. We have to suspect every single one of those people in North Tree High School, even some of the friends you've made."

"What if Ophuichus was taking form of a smaller kid?" I speak up.

Aries complains, "Oh my gosh, that would be a pain in the a-"

"I doubt that. He would have to get close to us, and we haven't seen a child except that one time at the beach." Gemini informs.

"And Jimmy." Libra adds.

"But that was a one time thing." Sagittarius says.

"There's a lot of people in North Tree, why suspect Askook out of all people?" Aquarius questions.

"Like I said before... he just gives off bad vibes." Leo sighs.

He looks really confident that Askook was Ophuichus... but Askook seems friendly and reminds me of the good times.

Ophuichus, he was a traitor.

I snap out of my thoughts; another argument beginning.

I didn't participate this time, but I caught a few words of what Pisces was saying.

There's no way Wade and Lily could be suspicious either, right?

*cue flashback ending music and wavy screen transition*

"Um, can we pick a different location?" I try, as politely as possible, tell Wade.

"Oh. Your house?" he suggests.

Gosh, he's blunt.

"How about a public place?" I give him a hint at what I was saying.

"But I wanted this to be private!"

My eyes widen at the thought. "Never mind then," I turn and walk off to the exit.

"Wait!" I feel Wade's grasp around my wrist, making me stop in front of the doors. "Just answer this one question truthfully. What are your real names? If you have a name other than Virgo."