1.2

I wish I could say that, that was how the rest of our days went. Happy, loving. But no.
Reality sat in the next morning when Adam slammed the door close at 3:00 am.
I sighed and mind linked him, "Can Luke come over and keep me company, or do you need him today?"
"Monica is in the living room."
That was all I got before he closed up his mind. I grunted in frustration and stomped down the stairs. "Hey lady! What the matter?"
"ADAM THAT WHAT!! HE DOESN'T EVEN BOTHER TO SAY GOODBYE OR TELL ME WHERE HES GOING OR WHEN HE'LL BE BACK!! HE JUST LEAVES ME HOPING HE'LL COME BACK SOMETIME BEFORE I GO TO BED!!!"
"Okay. Okay. Calm down. It's not healthy to be this angry. Settle down. There you go." She pauses to sit me down. "Have you tried talking to him about it?"
"Yes and no. I told him that's why I ran away and he didn't leave me yesterday! But now he's back at it!"
"Why don't you say anything?"
"I can't risk getting on his bad side and getting hurt. It happened to often at my old pack. I'm not letting it happen here."
"You're just killing yourself. Keeping everything bottled up isn't healthy. If you keep on doing this you're gonna end up hurting you or someone else. Tonight. Talk to him about it."
"That is if he even comes back tonight...... You don't think he's cheating on me right?"
"Of course not. Adam is a high class jerk but he only has eyes for you."
"I wish I knew where he disappears to."
"I wish you did too."
"Do you think Luke would tell me?"
"Probably not. But it's worth a try."
I thank her and give her a small hug before heading upstairs and trying to get ahold of Adam. "Adam?"
"Yes love?"
"Why did you leave me?"
"I had a meeting."
"With who?"
"Another pack."
"Why?"
"I can't tell you. Not until I have all the I information I need."
"Why don't you say goodbye?"
"Can we talk about this later?"
"Yeah."
I lay my head back on Adams pillow and play on my phone that Adam gave me. Snuggled up to the blanket that Adam used to have every night until I came along and took it from him.
Everything in my new life is all because of Adam. And that made me angry. It's my life! Why does Adam have to be part of every single thing?! He has his own secrets! Why can't I have mine?!
Okay, now I just need a secret. A good one too. One that I can disappear too everyday.

And then it hit me.

I dismissed Monica back to her house and locked up the house. I sat with the laptop in front of me and 'Scarecrow' by Alex and Serra playing the the back round.
I clicked on so many websites. Until I found the one that caught my eyes the most.
I filled in the information and sent my application to the world. What was Adam was Adam going to say when I told- NO THIS IS YOUR SECRET!!!

My first day of online collage starts tomorrow. I was aware of the fees. But that didn't change anything. If Adam asked or even noticed I wailed just say I went shopping or something like that.
Adam came home around 7:00. He looked tired and not really in the mood to talk. I wasn't either but I had to get this off my chest.
He was leaning against the kitchen counter and smiles when I enter. I wrap my arms around his waist and kiss kid lips softly. "Adam, we need to talk."
"I know. You're mad that I always leave. And don't say goodbye. And I don't tell you when I'll be home. But I have my reasons. I hate keeping things from you but you had to understand that this is for best."
"How did you know that's the way I feel?"
"You tend to open your mind a lot. And I can just peek in there." He kisses my forehead and I head my cheats against his chest.
"It's okay though, we both have our secrets."
"Wait, what?! Harper you better not be hiding anything from me!"
"I'm not." I lie.
"You better not be for your sake."
"What are you doing tomorrow?" I ask changing the topic.
"I'm going to a meeting out of town. I'll be back in two or three days. You're staying with Luke and Monica the whole time and I don't want you wandering off."
"I won't." I lie again.
"I love you Harper. I swear that as soon as this all blows over, I'll tell you everything."
"I love you too." Was that a lie? I honestly can't tell.
He left the room after that. I didn't know where he went or if he wanted me to fallow. I didn't care. I as a human was losing my feelings for Adam. My wolf was even more sad than I was without him. She hasn't said anything. All she does is cry out for Adam.
It's not like he cares though. If he did then he wouldn't leave me for three days. Over what? I have no clue!!
I wanted to see Adam with every fiber I am. But I slept on the couch. I wrapped up in Adams blacker that I stole my first or second day here.
It was around three am when I heard footsteps and heavy breathing. It was Adam. "Goodbye my love. When you wake up Luke will be waiting to take you to his house. He's planed a whole trip for the three of you! I'll miss you. I love you." He whispered kissing my forehead and I heard the door close.
I let out a tear. I don't know why. I already missed Adam. I missed his warm body. I missed when we would cuddle all day. I wish every day was like that day with the pack run. Just us two, leading an army of wolves through the woods.
I let out a few more tears. I wish we could go back to my first three or four days here. When I was happy to be away from my old pack. When I was so caught up and high on life.

When Adam didn't leave me.

I sat and cried until Luke came in at eight. He shook my leg slightly and I opened my eyes. "Come on sleepy. You're coming with me. I got a fun day planed out."
"Okay."
I wasn't in the mood to do anything but cuddle with Adam but I got up and went into the bedroom.
I had online school today. I grabbed Adams laptop along with my other things for the couple of days. When I finally got my suitcase to close, I went downstairs and dragged Luke into his black jeep.
I put my stuff in and sat on the passenger seat, "Um, Luke?"
"Yes Harper?"
"I can't buckle myself." I say honestly.
He lets out a small chuckle and walks over to my side of the car. "It's okay." He buckled me in and we took off.
We stopped at his house and put my stuff in the guest bedroom. While I was putting the laptop on the small desk I got a mind link.
'Hey honey. Are you okay? Is Luke treating you nicely? What are you doing now?'
'I'm okay. Luke's treating me greatly. Right now I'm unloading my stuff.'
'Okay. I miss you.'
'I miss you too.'
'I hate this god forbidden airplane.'
'Wait. You didn't tell me you were going on a plane! How far away are you going.'
'....... I'm not going to Africa.'
'I'm done. You can talk to me when you get home.'
'Harp-'
I closed off the mind link and sat down at the desk. I started to do my first lesson.
--------------------------------------------
I was halfway done with my lessions for today when the door swung open.
"AHHH!!" I let out a scream and closed the laptop.
"Harper? What were you doing?" It was Luke.
"Nothing." I bit my lip.
"Harper. You know you can tell me. I won't tell Adam."
"I'm taking online collage." I said too fast.
"What?! And Adam doesn't know?! Harper, collage cost money!"
"I know it does!"
"Why?"
"If he can keep secrets from me then I can keep things from him."
"You guys really are going through a hard time."
"I don't even think he knows that we are."
I started crying for the second time. Honestly, it's the only thing that doesn't kill me to do. Luke came over and wrapped his arms around me.
This only made me miss Adam even more. I cried harder and harder. I ruined Luke's shirt with my tears and Monica came in.
"Oh dear. Is he still causing you do to this?" I nod.
"It's okay Harper. Come on, let us take you out for the day and get your mind off of things. And later tonight I thought we could go to a club."
"Oh. I can't drink."
"I'll buy your drinks."
"I don't know."
Monica eventually dropped the idea and we went to the first stop of today: the pack house.
The house was filled with busy people. Everyone running around trying to get something done. Monica takes my hand and leads me up to two very well-known faces. Adams parents.
"Oh my goodness! Harper! I'm so sorry for the way Adam I behaving. He should be ashamed to leave a beautiful girl like you alone." Carol says hugging me
"It's fine. I have Luke and Monica."
"No. It's not fine. The second he gets off that plane he has two things coming for him. My fist and my foot." I let it a small laugh.
"Thanks. From what I've seen, he could use it."
We spent a few more hours walking around and socializing with the family's. I even saw Ryan again!
When we left I knew exactly where we were heading. We passed by my house, then Luke's, then Monica's. And we pulled into the gravel road that lead into the woods.
"Welcome to stop number two! The only place worth putting the Luna's paws on: HUNEY RUN FALLS!!!" Luke gave us the wonderful introduction.
It was beautiful. There was a dirt path and if you fallow it for a little less than a mile you find a waterfall. The waterfall was 50 to 70 feet up.
The way the waterfall worked made the rocks look like steps. The water wasn't very fast or very heavy, so you could climb or walk on the rocks.
I stood in awe as Luke and Monica stripped down and shifted into there black (Luke) and red-brown (Monica) wolves.
I went behind a tree and did the same. I felt the spray of the water fit my furry face and I leaped onto the rocks.
We played like pups in the water and went for a little run. It was amazing! 'What's wrong Sunny?'
'Sunny?'
'That's you're new name. Why are you sad?' Luke rubs his head against my neck.
'I miss Adam. He never did things like this with me.'
'Forget about him. These two days are about you Sunny. Not Adam.'
'Did you know he was going to Africa?'
'Honestly, no. I knew he was going somewhere out of the country. But he didn't tell me where.'
'I bet he did it to get away from me.'
'Don't think like that! Adam loves you! And if he's to stupid to realized that then you come to my house and we'll make this a never ending sleepover.' He nuzzles into my neck again and I return the favor.
We run back to the waterfall and shift back. I got dressed again after drying off and hoped in the car. "Where to next Mr. Driver?" Monica asks.
"Well, how do you make the perfect dinner for the perfect day? Obviously you don't cook because it's not as good as restaurant food. So what restaurant is perfect no matter what? Chipotle."
"WHAT?!!!" I remember the day perfectly. The day I woke up in the hospital and Luke brought Adam Chipotle.

Back when we were happy....