2.6

When I arrived I stayed in the shadows and looked through the windows. I remember when Chris have us a tour, his office had several windows by his desk and a skylight.

I need to get in the roof.

I spotted a tall tree close to the house. I examined it and the branch closes to the edge of the roof was about two feet away. And it was about a fifty feet tall.
I used my werewolf abilities to get on the first branch. I grabbed onto the next sturdiest branch and pulled myself up. I was in a spiral climb up the tree to the branch.
When I reached it I saw how un-sturdy the branch was. I stayed close the the trunk and stood on the branch, careful to not put too much weight on it.
I moved closer to the edge and when the tree was at a very uncomfortable angle, I knew I couldn't go farther.
If I take three more steps and jump I'll make it without harm. But, the branch will break and someone might hear it. Guess I'm willing to take a few risks.
I took the first step and heard a small crack. I took the second one and was the crack forming closer to the trunk. I quickly took the third one and just as the branch snapped in half, I jumped.
I grabbed onto the shingles and caught my breath. I stay do another minute. I have to be quiet. And I have to be very careful.
I smell a male scent and froze. I stopped breathing and stayed completely still. His footstep became faint and his scent faded. I stood up but stayed close to the roof.
I wandered around the roof until I found a window. I walk over to it and cracked it open an unnoticeable amount.
I heard Chris's voice and two other voices. One male one female. I looked down and mentally pouted when the window only showed half of the room.
I could see Chris talking to the female. I used my wolf hearing to tune in.
"Good. The attack will be in a few months. I want this land Marcia. I don't have time to wait forever." Chris said.
"We know sir. But your warriors are not the easiest to train. More than half of them couldn't even throw a good punch." Marcia said.
"Sir, what about their pack members?" The male asked.
"Ah, David. I will make Adam and his mate my personal slaves. The rest will be omegas." Chris said.
I stopped listening. I pulled out my phone and texted Adam.
Me: Chris plans to make us all slaves.
Before he could reply I turned my phone off and slipped it back in my pocket.
"... We don't have any allies, sir. All of our ally packs disagree with you and don't want another battle." The male said.
"What about our alliance with the Black Moon pack?" Chris asked.
"Sir they were destroyed a long time ago by Adams pack for the way they treated his mate. But, we have word they are trying to reform."
Me: Adam my old pack is trying to reform.
"Another reason to attack Adams stupid pack."
"Sir, you have a meeting tomorrow with potential allies." A new female voice said.
"Thank you Quinn. What time?"
"3pm, sir."
"Thank you. You are all dismissed. Marcia, your coming with me tomorrow."
They all left and I heard the door close. I ran across the roof quietly and looked at the tree. There are no branches that I can land on or anything. The drop is fifty feet. Even in wolf form it would be a lot of pain.

I have no way to get down.

I wander around the roof to see if the ceiling dropped anywhere, I think it did in the kitchen.
I walk around for a little while and find a roof that is at least five feet shorter. I go onto it and look at the edge.

When did that balcony get there?

Without a second thought I jumped down and made sure I landed safely. It made a very loud thud though.
This is Chris's room. I hid in one of the fake plants and watched through the window. I saw him enter and close the door. He answered his phone and I tuned in. It was only a friend.
I looked away and he got undressed and got under the covers. His lights turned off and he faced the other wall.
I smelled around for any scent and got one close by. I waited until he left and jumped down the fifteen foot drop.
I sprained my ankle and my wolf healing worked its magic. Is werewolves can fall from twenty foot drops and come out with minor injury.
I state in the shadows and made my way back. I knocked on the door to my parents house and almost passed out immediately.
"How did it go sweetie?" My dad asked as I sat next to mom on the couch.
"Pretty good. I got useful information."
"Like?" Mom asked.
"Like, they plan to take u over and make us all slaves. My old pack is trying to reform and Chris has a meeting with some potential ally tomorrow at 3." I say rubbing my tired eyes.
"Okay. Make sure you call Adam before you fall asleep. It's almost ten so that means it's almost 4 there."
"Kay. Thanks mom. Goodnight guys."
"Goodnight sweetheart." They both said.
I plopped on my bed and called Adam. "Harper is everything okay? Are you safe? Did they kidnap you? Do you need me to come over? Are you horny and missing me?" He bombarded me with a million questions.
"I'm fine Adam. Besides what I already told you, he has a meeting with potential allies tomorrow at three and no one is helping him in the fight yet."
"Don't be worried baby. They're not taking u down. And your old pack is not going to reform."
"Okay. Well, I'm beat Adam."
"Don't hang up. I'll hang up when I know your asleep."
"Okay."
I kept the phone to my ear and got as comfy a I can without Adam.
"Goodnight baby girl." He said softly.
"Nighty night Adam." I say yawning.
"I love you Harper."
"I love you too Adam."
"I know you do."
I smiled and listened to Adams breathing. Soon enough, my eyes drifted shut and my breaths became even as I fell into dark, dreamless, amazing sleep.